Suspension Seatpost?

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
No I haven't posted this in the wrong section! I had a diagnosis on Saturday of a condition that is about a thousand times better than I was fearing. However, it will hugely curtail the amount of riding I can do.

Basically, road buzz through the seat is bad mmmmkay. Pele are eating at this time at night so no more details than that!

There do seem to be modern solutions such as the Trek Domane and Lapierre Eraser. They don't really appeal though.

Does anyone use a suspension Seatpost on a road bike? Would the different pedalling dynamics on the road mean it wouldn't work? I have used a USE post off road with no success at all. Are there alternatives?

Thanks.

I have never used a suspension post on either a MTB or road bike but it does seem more useful on a road bike since you spend more time with your bum on the saddle (at least that is how I ride) One alternative might be a Softride?

Gipiemme did a cyclocross saddle in the mid 90's which I used for a while - it has a 'leaf spring' at the rear which absorbs the bumps - I wouldn't like to say whether it would suffice as a solution - I would say it's a decent saddle - alas it's difficult to match to many frames in terms of it's looks and is somewhat garish for a classic ride. Still available here: http://www.byckasport.co.uk/sport/index ... 1&Itemid=1

I'd question a suspension post for off-road just in terms of the riding dynamic as you have suggested but I think all you can do is try both a new saddle or seatpost or a combination of both.

I had one once...it made for a slightly more comfortable ride on my commutes but, it was just a bit too heavy so I gave it away

Latest posts

Back