BoTM August 2013 - Nominations if you please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always hard for me not to vote of a whackily painted Klein(!) but this month we also have an awesome Bonty and Salsa and either an Ibis or WTB - good month so far I'd say...

And yes a Dogs Bolx would not go amiss! Not only for a genuinely dog related bike, but I'd like to see how it fared against the vintage US steel we've got in the running this month.

nausea":17oya9eh said:
Always hard for me not to vote of a whackily painted Klein(!) but this month we also have an awesome Bonty and Salsa and either an Ibis or WTB - good month so far I'd say...

And yes a Dogs Bolx would not go amiss! Not only for a genuinely dog related bike, but I'd like to see how it fared against the vintage US steel we've got in the running this month.

Theres a link here somewhere Page 4. :? , probably the most accurate comparison between vintage English and American to be fair, like for like in terms of Age/ original price/size/weight etc. Comparing a Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.O.X to the two lovely examples of Vintage U.S steel shown in this months B.O.T.M to my mind would be like comparing an Apple to an Orange.

:cool:

We_are_Stevo":3ce7z1xg said:
GoldenEraMTB":3ce7z1xg said:
... though I have to admit, there are some people, even if they were to enter the holy grail of vintage MTBs, wouldn't get my vote, but I'm in the minority, when it comes to that type of thinking. I'm sure.

There's the difference you see; I've voted for your bikes on more than one occasion :p

:oops: can't say I've voted for any of yours, but it had nothing to do with the seller, so my statement doesn't apply. :mrgreen:

That said, I have not entered a bike in over two years.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
GoldenEraMTB":2h6tu3bw said:
though I have to admit, there are some people, even if they were to enter the holy grail of vintage MTBs, wouldn't get my vote, but I'm in the minority, when it comes to that type of thinking. I'm sure.

Ya, I don't think most people are that petty. Congratulations.

rumpfy":1150g2rx said:
GoldenEraMTB":1150g2rx said:
though I have to admit, there are some people, even if they were to enter the holy grail of vintage MTBs, wouldn't get my vote, but I'm in the minority, when it comes to that type of thinking. I'm sure.

images

GoldenEraMTB":2p2htz0v said:
rumpfy":2p2htz0v said:
GoldenEraMTB":2p2htz0v said:

images

Classy, rob.

As a moderator I'm very used to sucking all the fun out of threads which have spawned multi headed Hydras.
But all the bickering and bitching has long since meant that there is very little fun or joy to had in the BoTM threads anyway.

As such my 'Funsucker' cap can remain on the hat stand.

Much like this thread, I've gone off on a ridiculous tangent, but it pains me to have to remind everyone to please keep things civil, concise and on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back