1992 Schwinn Paramount PDG 90 - Suntour XC Pro Groupset

When I saw the first post I too was about to offer £300 for this with a view to using the suntour group then probably putting the rest back on here for about £100. Its a funny market here, quality rare stuff in great condition that does not fit into the "cool club" gets surprisingly little or overlooked where common as muck run of the mill stuff is generally snapped up. I would agree that the market for this is in the US where I would expect it to fetch $550-$650, it could do better on a good day but would probably cost another $200 or so to ship and as it is a non domestic frame would be in line for a duty bill to top it off which would mean for a us buyer to bite it would essentially need to be the less than the £300 that has been banded about to equal the same landed price.
Maybe it could serve to attract more nice bikes within the workshop, it is surprising what old treasures lurk in lofts which are worthless to their owners. Often seeing stuff like this is enough to spark the memory of whats at the back of the garage etc. With a nice sign on top it may get the donations flowing.
Good luck with it, it was a nice gesture from your customer.

Thanks again for all the feedback. We're currently toying with the idea of raffling it off, fiver a ticket, maybe doing the draw at The Big Dog, if they're up for it. Does anyone have contact with the organisers?

jaypee":1w0g4n2s said:
Was it bbcbikes with the $3k one on eBay? They're notorious for it.

Why yes it is bbcbikes asking that outrageous price...but that is another story.

The bike in question is a Paramount Design Group bike which was designed in the US but built in Japan. These bikes were fine machines, and were even raced, but the resale prices are modest even here in the States. (btw the stay is not bent that was a design feature.) For reference here is a recent sale on the bay with the same xc pro group and the same paint color. Paramounts made in the Waterford Connecticut factory will fetch a bit more, but still nothing like $3000.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Schwinn ... 7675.l2557

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
For all that it is such a nice bike, it has no real market in the UK (not even on Retrobike, as far as I can make out), so £300 seems like a very good offer to me.

lewisfoto":2jj4bzsv said:
Paramounts made in the Waterford Connecticut factory will fetch a bit more, but still nothing like $3000.

Its actually Waterford, Wisconsin.
But yeah.

Shayne":f78enyjl said:
lewisfoto":f78enyjl said:
Paramounts made in the Waterford Connecticut factory will fetch a bit more, but still nothing like $3000.

Its actually Waterford, Wisconsin.
But yeah.

I was going to make some joke about a southern Californian's view of the country but yes, I am sufficiently embarrassed.

Steven

Back