Octavia roof bars & bike carrier, help please.

sunchaser

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Recently changed my car for a Skoda Octavia & need some roof bars & cycle carrier.

Considering Thule Wingbar & relevant foot mountings. Also need a bike carrier, a fork mount type possibly a Thule 561 Outride.

Would like this lot to be as quiet & fuel efficient as possible..

Any help & advise would be most welcome.

oh, the cars a 2010 hatchback if it makes any difference.

Cheers :)

sunchaser":1v1iric4 said:
Recently changed my car for a Skoda Octavia & need some roof bars & cycle carrier.

Considering Thule Wingbar & relevant foot mountings. Also need a bike carrier, a fork mount type possibly a Thule 561 Outride.

I have always used Thule Aero bars and Thule Proride carriers. Can't fault either one in anyway. Stable at speed and easy to get bikes on and off. Ok locks as well so bikes are (relatively) secure whilst you are in the services.

I have used mine on A6 estate, Bmw 3 series estate and now on a Passat estate. All work fine.

They are easy to store when off the bike as well. Unlike the Thule rear door mount I have which takes up the space of a car in the garage.

Mark.

sunchaser":b7qdybzj said:

The wingbar etc. will only help the noise/fuel economy compared to "non-aero" when you don't have bikes on.

Another vote for the Thule aero bars/proride 591 mounts here, I've used mine on various vehicles with no discernible drop in mpg or any overly intrusive wind noise. The security and fit really is top notch, their beauty is the simplicity of the system, really cannot fault them.

Aero ones can be a pain if you want to use them with other things like top boxes. Personally I think the gains are mainly marketing (after all there's usually something large and non-aero attached to them). I always remove them if unladen.

As for bike racks, I like the Elite San Remo, which simply clamps to the front dropout with the wheel removed.

Back