Bike storage ideas 3 x 5 feet

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all

I have battled with my Wife for 'donkeys' about storing my bikes in the house. I have been granted use of a brick build shed attached to the utility room. Its inside the house so secure :)

The thing is it measures only 5 feet wide x 3 feet deep and is 7 feet high. I need to store 3 bikes in this space, but am struggling to fit them in without damaging them and to be able to get them out with relative ease.

I have tried two facing one way, interlocked etc but cant do it :( :oops:

Anyone have any pics of their storage that may help ?

Chopper1192":rqllejap said:
One hung up on each end wall and one on the floor.

Not an option I fully explored I must admit :oops:

If I hung the brackets high enough up on each side the bikes would not damage the o :oops: ne on the floor :cool:

Bingo :cool: !!

Take wheels out, hang by seat or top tube from ceiling, then store wheels on floor, and have space for stashing more stuff.

widowmaker":u3gm23fd said:
Hi all

I have battled with my Wife for 'donkeys' about storing my bikes in the house. I have been granted use of a brick build shed attached to the utility room. Its inside the house so secure :)

The thing is it measures only 5 feet wide x 3 feet deep and is 7 feet high. I need to store 3 bikes in this space, but am struggling to fit them in without damaging them and to be able to get them out with relative ease.

Pics of yours might also help :? For instance, you say 5x3 ,so which side is the door on? on the 5' or the 3' ? is there a door? Are there any returns on the walls at the opening? (short bit of wall that say the hinge end of the door sits at)
I also suggest hanging at least one on the walls or 2 if that can be managed
heres some wall hooks- (Some of which fold flat when the bikes off it)-
http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/20094598 ... =63&ff19=0

Not knowing bike size i can only just on my own but mine even at 20.5" is likely to be of similar length plus or minus a small amount so it should need the same room approximately :? Follow ? :LOL:
What im getting at is to fit them both in youre probably going to have to take off the front wheel unless you intend to stand them up. seems about the only way to keep them intact and get all 3 in stood upright, but if you want the middle of end bike youll need to take them all out.
Any a specific commuter bike? Folding pedals would make for a bike of space?
Are you using all 3 ? Can one be 'stood down' (pedals off, bar turned round etc)

Look at brompton ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
dyna-ti":1ye0czxe said:
widowmaker":1ye0czxe said:
Hi all

Pics of yours might also help :? For instance, you say 5x3 ,so which side is the door on? on the 5' or the 3' ? is there a door? Are there any returns on the walls at the opening? (short bit of wall that say the hinge end of the door sits at)
I also suggest hanging at least one on the walls or 2 if that can be managed
heres some wall hooks- (Some of which fold flat when the bikes off it)-
http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/20094598 ... =63&ff19=0

Not knowing bike size i can only just on my own but mine even at 20.5" is likely to be of similar length plus or minus a small amount so it should need the same room approximately :? Follow ? :LOL:
What im getting at is to fit them both in youre probably going to have to take off the front wheel unless you intend to stand them up. seems about the only way to keep them intact and get all 3 in stood upright, but if you want the middle of end bike youll need to take them all out.
Any a specific commuter bike? Folding pedals would make for a bike of space?
Are you using all 3 ? Can one be 'stood down' (pedals off, bar turned round etc)

Look at brompton ;)

Thanks for the advice :cool:

Ill get a picture, the door is in the middle at the front on the 5ft part and it opens out. One bike will be an occasional so I can remove pedals and turns the bars round so should be ok.

I am trying to find a way of getting some storage for my clothing, helmets and shoes also.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Chopper's plan works for me. Your most used steed just gets thrown in. You can add hangers/storage bins above the floor standing bike.

Back