Cyclist v Cyclist collision (on road)

Just popping in quickly to update that I received an email today notifying me that the Police have successfully identified the scrote, full details to follow at the weekend hopefully. I won't worry about personal details gtRTSdh, even if charged he won't be given anything that worries me in the slightest. I Totally appreciate your advice though mate, in retrospect a better road position may well have helped. This holiday I'm on is certainly aiding my recuperation! ;)

I wonder how I got through my early years riding head down and in the zone.

Now that so many people are using cams we may, if we approach criticism positively, see a measurable improvement in riding and awareness.

Hats off to Retrocomeback for being so open to discussion, shows a great deal of maturity.

I almost approached a lass today about her riding, but decided against it when I saw her helmet cam.

Didn't want to end up on Youtube!

It seems to me that pedestrians don't have much concept of a bicycle going over the 12mph mark, silent & at speed is not on the expecting list, I know I've crossed the road on sound alone before. Even overtaking roadies has caught me by surprise in the car. I think we need credit cards being plucked by spokes or windchimes fitted as standard maybe!

highlandsflyer":2zj998md said:
Electric vehicles are going to bring that issue to a head presently!
yes they will certainly take out texters with white earphones in & that's the most value I can see of them!

I don't wish to go into specifics on a public forum about how this has been resolved but suffice to say I am satisfied with the 'community resolution' that has been reached, part of which being that the youth now accepts full responsibility for the incident. The courts (civil or criminal) will not become involved. I am fortunate I wasn't more seriously injured and the bike only suffered a few scrapes, the youth is also fortunate that I'm a forgiving kind of guy and wasn't driving a car at the time! I'll certainly be treating this junction differently in future, and have learnt all to painfully the value of having a camera on the bike.

We have gone through mediation a few times with young offenders and found it quite effective. One of the scrotes now helps out on my cousins' farm. Another got a job as a mechanic on my recommendation, and has recently finished their apprenticeship. There is no such thing as a lost cause when it comes to kids.

well said, sometimes easier to say than do, glad resolution reached and appreciate the confidentiality aspects but having seen the video can you share anything on what the police might be prepared to do in a similar situation etc

Back