1997 GT Tequesta

BobCatMax said:
d'oh - didn't get around to that PM Paul - you around this weekend at all?

Hi mate
no worries , working saturday morning but no other plans :D i will pm you my number .
cheers Paul.

Progress marches on.

after embarrasing myself around Stnamer Park on my Kona SS in preparation for Big Dog, I have decided this needs to be built up and sharpish.

One of my other GT's has long been overdue a chainset replacement/upgrade, so with those on the way, I've moved the old triple over on to this machine. It'll do until I can source some more appropriate crank arms. I think that means that I'll be keeping the LX rear mech too, and maybe, just maybe the M4** front one too

I really like the look of the black kit on it, so I'm trying to source some LX M560. does anyone know which flavour these came in? I've got a horrible feeling it's 110/74..

wouldn't mind a little help with the serial number if anyone knows how to decode them?

S7CY03487

going for another shakedown tomorrow, might get a pic of it in the wild

right, modern Deore LX crankset moved over as a temporary fix for next weekend. 20 miler around the south downs to test it out. Should hopefully be acquiring some shifters and v's during the week to replace the stis

Tequestaweb_zpsc5e43044.jpg

hehe, sort of. it was more of a commuter back then. I'll be honest, i wasn't nearly as good on a bike then as I am now, I can appreciate it's good points and bad points much more.

doesn't climb too well, but that might be the block I have on the back. point it where you want it to go and it goes though! lovely through the twisty singletrack, it almost bends with you

One of my very good friends has dropped off some nearly period correct xt m73* goodies to match the rear mech I had on as a temp. STIs, 1st gen hope hubbed front wheel with all important red nips. I've replaced the front Vs with some nearly period correct LX ones. Block at the back is now an XT 12-30.

I guess this will be a slightly uprated version of the catalogue..

Still MIA - some XT v brakes, a 28.6 xt front much and I guess a rear wheel to match. I suspect that may take a while, hehe

not updated this thread in ages...

no major changes, sourced a wheelset from Al-onestar so the Kona could have it's own back and stole the saddle from my Avalanche as that little thing was getting a bit intimate..

tequestainthewild_zps6f33f383.jpg

Back