Roberts summat or other ????

I hope you're being sarcastic...but its definitely not a Zinn,

Seat clamp is facing the wrong way and the seat stays don't go up high enough on the seat tube...

Giom6":mscuv9sn said:
I hope you're being sarcastic...but its definitely not a Zinn,

Seat clamp is facing the wrong way and the seat stays don't go up high enough on the seat tube...

I was Joking G.

Genesis, around 92 had a rear facing seatpost clamp using shimano dropouts, and from memory 95ish forward facing. (don't take my word the detail is all available on threads posted here on retrobike)

But this is only a guide remembering they are a small builder, and things changed daily dependant on supplies customer orders etc etc etc.

With that said, it was a frame to hit a price point, in 95 full bikes started around £950 ish, and frames around £395 ish.

Of course unless the frames in hand, we are only going from sum pretty obscure pictures anyway to be fair.

Different ages, different frames, same builder, all the info is hidden right here on Retrobike.

Attachments

• 4409d393.jpg
    4409d393.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 495
  • null_zpsdac95780.jpg
    null_zpsdac95780.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 495
  • Roberts.jpg
    Roberts.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 495
  • Roberts%20Genesis%201992.jpg
    Roberts%20Genesis%201992.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 495
I wouldn't be so sure, I got my Fuquay (and others) from the bay at a bargain price, as I popped in a last second 'big one' which ended up waaaay OTT.

Give it your best shot and see what happens.

Fingers crossed.

Exceptional Nick. Well chuffed for you mate..... :cool: And for NO MONEY too. :cool:

Back