Another one on twitter.....

NeilM":2xucdhbb said:
As I have said before, what bothers me the most about these sorts of incidents, is that cyclists are seen as 'they', or some sort of other, lower being.

I would like to have a conversation with someone who thinks it's acceptable to knock a cyclist down, and ask them if it Ok therefore to beat someone to the ground in a shopping centre, or enter someone's home and assault the person who lives there.

At what point in these people's estimation does a they / cyclist turn from some sort of object, back into a living human being, with family and friends.
The very second they emerge from the protection of their car

Apparently she has now spoken to the Met, and the whole thing never happened, it was just banter and she never thought anyone else would see it.

I'm getting an eerie feeling of deja vu here.

I met traffic droid yesterday and had a nice chat with him, he said he despairs for the whole hatred situation on the roads.

Some peoples attitudes towards cyclists are completely shocking, i had a run in with a taxi driver just a couple of weeks back, cut straight across me on a mini roundabout whilst on his phone!

He got stopped at a red light so i caught him up and knocked on his window, got the "dont you dare bang on my fu**ing car" response, so i informed him that he was lucky i was knocking on his side window, and not on his screen/bonnet as i wouldve done had i not seen him and braked!

His response........ "well it doesnt matter that i cut you up/nearly knocked you off, youre on a bike"

I lost it at this point and told him to get the f**k out of his car, he skipped the red light and drove off (lucky for me actually as im not a fighter, so probably wouldve ended up getting filled in lol)

Spudly":1pwgj8mo said:
Some peoples attitudes towards cyclists are completely shocking, i had a run in with a taxi driver just a couple of weeks back, cut straight across me on a mini roundabout whilst on his phone!

He got stopped at a red light so i caught him up and knocked on his window, got the "dont you dare bang on my fu**ing car" response, so i informed him that he was lucky i was knocking on his side window, and not on his screen/bonnet as i wouldve done had i not seen him and braked!

His response........ "well it doesnt matter that i cut you up/nearly knocked you off, youre on a bike"

I lost it at this point and told him to get the f**k out of his car, he skipped the red light and drove off (lucky for me actually as im not a fighter, so probably wouldve ended up getting filled in lol)

Times like these that a helmet camera (with audio) would be useful ;)

I'm sure plod would love a video of this sort of thing...

Elysarian":18m23wrw said:
Times like these that a helmet camera (with audio) would be useful ;)

I'm sure plod would love a video of this sort of thing...
Bollocks to helmet cams. Aside from the fact that means you're wearing a gay helmet it's better to take action.

In the past I have found that spit is particularly infuriating to drivers.* However if you want to cause damage then a golf ball in a sock can quickly and easily smash a rear screen.** This really pisses them off.

*Best ensure you have an escape route available impassable by car. I didn't do this and ended on the ground.
**This post may or not be taken seriously.

For some reason drivers seem not to want to abuse or threaten me when I'm on the bike, which is just fine by me. Summer riding in a gym vest is particularly stress free.

When I'm driving, which is rare these days, if anyone is going to get abusive I find its usually old timers or women. Fortunately im a nice guy and just ignore it, but if I were a nasty bastid then someone my size could do them a serious amount of damage. Does no one remember Kenneth Noye? Or that old boy who died at Asda the other day in a dispute over parking? Why do idiots seek to put themselves in harm's way by starting confrontation?

Back