Giant xtc 950 vs Kona Kula deluxe

Pye7183

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Just back from a ride out with the old man :)

25F6EDD7-D9E0-41D2-8B3B-7A16CEB89240-343-0000003A2F5B9CDA.jpg

His is the Giant - just treated it to some skin wall wild grippers we had knocking around still in original packaging. Both feel they really set the bike off

I've even priced up some charge splash asks for the Kona as mine are ready.

Any ways only just stumbled across this site and wanted to drop a little hello.

Cracking site - really makes me miss my old steel Kona - still alive but only for light duties

Cheers

Matt

Pye7183":1z38rk36 said:
Cracking site - really makes me miss my old steel Kona - still alive but only for light duties

Cheers

Matt

That "old steel Kona" will probably outlast both of the ones in the picture ;)

Welcome to the forum :)

Unfortunately it suffered from a crack round the weld of the BB and base of the seat tube. Fortunately 10 yrs after initial purchase Kona honoured a lifetime warranty on the frame and offered me a deal on th Kula as a result. As a bonus I got to keep the Fire Mountain which I had fixed and re painted. Still goes well but only ever braved lighter rides with it...

Splashbacks came in week so fitted and took em for a test ride on a local run.

Firstly they were an absolute sod to fit... Took two tyre levers out and a whole bunch of interesting combos of swear words. But I got there in the end... With knuckles intact!

Not sure on looks kinda like kind not sure but that's sort of irrelevant as I love how they ride... Feel nice and quick through my local ride full confidence through the corners. They seem to have brightened the ride up which is something I have really missed going from a steel to an Alu Kona... Still not the same just an improvement in the right direction for me.

Worth it - just the stem to sort now...

B6FBB098-2CEA-46A4-85B9-62FFD9D0BEC5-681-00000140ED70037F.jpg

Back