MacRetro chat and rides thread

RobMac":da6u4ry4 said:
zigzag":da6u4ry4 said:
You mean it wisnae pishing doon the whole way?

Naw I had my jaykit on one day during the whole walk, I recorded the walk on slides I wish I could convert them to digital :?

:shock: Slide night at Robs .Horror heaped upon horror :shock:

Cant think why you can digitize slides Rob :? i thought they could easily do this type of think afterall is it not just basically a series of pics that you scan copy or whatever :?

dyna-ti":tpi7bk59 said:
RobMac":tpi7bk59 said:
zigzag":tpi7bk59 said:

Naw I had my jaykit on one day during the whole walk, I recorded the walk on slides I wish I could convert them to digital :?

Cant think why you can digitize slides Rob :? i thought they could easily do this type of think afterall is it not just basically a series of pics that you scan copy or whatever :?

yup - tis quite easy with a suitable scanner :D

dyna-ti":32v3fv41 said:
RobMac":32v3fv41 said:
zigzag":32v3fv41 said:

Think of all the lovely bike bits you could spirit away while everybody was engrossed with the slides!

yeah North to South was how I was thinking of approaching the WHW, train up and ride back down with overnight in some hostelry (perhaps 2 nights, on the evidence of this p!sh poor sunday run form)

thanks Rob, for years I've always thought it was 85miles for some reason.. nuts to think people can run the 95miles in 15 and a 1/2 hours.

I also fancy doing it one day if for no other reason than just saying I've did it, walked it years ago and really enjoyed it. Also pencilled in are the Fife coastal trail and the Kintyre trail.

kaiser":mzgbkhyd said:
Heres a blog by one of my mates, they did the WHW in April

http://enjoyrider.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... e.html?m=0

brilliant chief, some good stuff in there.. pretty determined to do it in no more than 2, original thoughts were to do it one (but just don't have the stamina/legs this year for epics). reason I'm thinking of two, as I only want to pack the lightest of rucksacks, bare minimum, no camping etc.

really like the idea of a multi-day adventure next year, perhaps a full bike packing mission. my thinkings an early season overnighter/test, then a 3-5 job in mid summer.

read Sannys account of the fife path in the singletrack, sounded good(if you can get the tide right)

Mr Panda":mzgbkhyd said:
The Cape Wrath Trail is the one to go for ;)

that looks great, and solves one of my embarrassing issues - never been north of Gairloch :oops:

Back