Are these any good/worth the price - Peugeot bikes?!

Matt_wood55":1xer7g9e said:
Ryan98":1xer7g9e said:
Matt_wood55":1xer7g9e said:
First one mate, definitely. The equipment on it is a much better standard, being an aluminium frame it won't be rusted, and having a lady owner it is far less likely to have been thrashed. The wheels also look good quality.

As already mentioned, the ergos (brakes and gear shifters combined) are worth a fair few pounds and are standard in terms of shifting, replacing the older down tube levers on the second bike!

Get some pedals and a mans saddle and away you go. Frame size will be fine, get the seat up and give you a nice position.

Finally, the second bike isn't worth 195 pounds!

That's a great bit of info on that bike cheers! I noticed the wheels looked to be in good condition, I forgot about changing the saddle so ill do that and add some pedals if I win it. About what you said about the second bike, well that's quite a relief as its right at the top end of of my (tiny) budget! think I was convinced by the price and nice paint job that it would be worth that much :p

I should have added though that for 250 you can pick up some really nice bikes if you bide your time. Don't go mad bidding on the first ones you see.
I think I've fell for the red competition, but taking on board what you've said, for approx 90s bike era - what brand of bikes would you guys recommend I look out for for that 200-250 price range? Also, would you say my attraction to the Peugeot bikes is justifiable? as they only way I can justify it is the decals :p

Nothing worng with the Peugeot at all. You could also consider

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beautiful-ret ... 3a8368a942

Thing is you never know where the final price will end up and could end up paying over the odds as the other bidder has a personnal attachment (like me and old Raleighs)

Or put out a 'wanted' post on here!!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
A very nice bike, but that is a lot of money already and i could easily get carried away with bidding :p the wanted ad idea is good, I might put one up for a competition Peugeot (2000 or 5000 methinks) if I don't win this one, one of the reasons I like them is because I saw a stunning yet expensive one on here and i wanted something similar for myself, but obviously not as good spec because I'd need more dosh :) (this is the bike viewtopic.php?f=47&t=239629 )

Ryan98":206hmtdx said:
A very nice bike, but that is a lot of money already and i could easily get carried away with bidding :p the wanted ad idea is good, I might put one up for a competition Peugeot (2000 or 5000 methinks) if I don't win this one, one of the reasons I like them is because I saw a stunning yet expensive one on here and i wanted something similar for myself, but obviously not as good spec because I'd need more dosh :) (this is the bike viewtopic.php?f=47&t=239629 )

If you like Peugeot, stick with Peugeot!!

Matt_wood55":19x6zpvc said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-Columbus-SLX-Road-Bike-/171083782480?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item27d5635950

Saw that earlier, nice spec on it and wouldn't need money thrown at it as your fitness progressed

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Matt_wood55":1u8l9btb said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-Columbus-SLX-Road-Bike-/171083782480?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item27d5635950
Thats a good bet, the red competition has been taken off sale so has probably been sold elsewhere sadly, so that is definitely the next best bet cheers - great find :)

47p2":7mt4tmag said:
Saw that earlier, nice spec on it and wouldn't need money thrown at it as your fitness progressed

Yeah that'd be ideal as one thing I really don't want to be doing is spending hundreds of pounds in the first few months on upgrades and/or repairs

Might be worth dropping him a note asking if he has a buy BIN price or what the reserve is

47p2":1yumkjbh said:
Might be worth dropping him a note asking if he has a buy BIN price or what the reserve is

I was just about to do that, however he lives in Ayr which is 300+ miles from where I am, and I doubt with all the bidders after it I'll persuade him to pack it up into a privately hired courier van, so I didn't see the point, I've missed out on if you include this one on 4 bikes so far :( I should get some luck soon :p

Back