Help needed with triple roller chain device

naboo

Devout Dirtbag
I managed to get hold of a cheap chain device for my 1x9 setup on my firemountain, however I've searched the Internet for pics to help with the fitting but have struggled to find any

Do I lose one of the rollers?, would you fit it at the angle it is pictured? Ie the longest arm in line with the seat tube?
null_zpsbb61688b.jpg

Cheers

Pretty sure that's the right way up as those five little bolts should hold a curved piece on, which in turn grub screws onto your BB shell :shock:

Beyond that I can't help though, not sure what the hex nut second from left is for :?:

I think that hex bolt is for an inner bash plate like the older mrp copy's and normally they have 2 rollers on them not 3

Cheers, I've fitted it like in the position shown but yet to try it out, I've also posted in the -97 section and most say the spatula looking part is at 12 o clock.

It doesn't appear to be in standard state and is a little strange, but if it works...it works and cost £8 ! Being a tight git couldn't bring myself to spend £50+ on a new guide.

There is no adjustment on 2 of the rollers, luckily it seems to fit a 32t ring but can't see it working on anything bigger?

Been told the spatula/3 cut outs at 12 o clock were for an anti rotation clamp, which seems to make sense although it does seem a bit overkill??!. Was wondering if the spatula was meant for another position with an adjustable slider or similar mounted originally?

Doesn't look right does it ??!
I'm wondering if spatula goes in chain tensioner position (8 o clockish) and as suggested there is no roller at 4/5 o clock but a bash?

Take the front roller off its not needed then try ajustingn the angle of he two back rollers (leave the bb) loose till it looks and feels ok

I'm going to hack off the spatula arm, it's unsightly and I've tried flipping it and using it like a normal boomerang

Back