£6k to blow on a car - 700 miles a week use

taking (and disregarding) your previous comments about Ford dual-mass's I'm gonna say go for a mondeo 2.2 (2000-07) TDCI. I've had the ST and now the GHIA X and put thousands of miles on both without any issues, driving both carefully and mentally :twisted:

If you're doing mainly motorway miles as you state, then the wear on the clutch will be greatly reduced anyway, if you actually sit down and think about it.. :xmas-wink:

I've done an EGR blank mod on my 2.2 and CONSISTANTLY get 61-62mpg out of it, every day week and month.. Not bad for a TD that'll almost nudge 140.. ;)

Oh, and I'm pretty sure most modern VAG stuff has dual mass as well, cos found loads with problems with them, before I realised the mondeo was the best option. Although I'm sure I'll get shot down in flames if my facts aren't right here...

And our survey says....

fiat-doblo.jpg

Found a 2007 JTD Multijet 120bhp for £2995 with 79k, service history and a smile...

7 seater version - 2 allen bolts undo both sets of seats, later model a little more refined than previous but still cart springs for the rear end. Fully carpeted interior rather than painted metal like our current one. It will swallow bikes and gear and return around 60mpg.

So why not eh?

legrandefromage":1wtvdr5o said:
And our survey says....

fiat-doblo.jpg

Found a 2007 JTD Multijet 120bhp for £2995 with 79k, service history and a smile...

7 seater version - 2 allen bolts undo both sets of seats, later model a little more refined than previous but still cart springs for the rear end. Fully carpeted interior rather than painted metal like our current one. It will swallow bikes and gear and return around 60mpg.

So why not eh?

Don't you have to have a blue badge or be a dog breeder to have one of those?

KDM":1nsyxjyw said:
legrandefromage":1nsyxjyw said:
And our survey says....

fiat-doblo.jpg

So why not eh?

Don't you have to have a blue badge or be a dog breeder to have one of those?

I've had to embrace practicality in recent times.

I do miss that burble, gutsy roar when you put your foot down, and kickdown.

But then some are born with practicality, some achive practicality, and some have practicality thrust on them.

I enjoy driving slowly and carrying lots of crap around with us. Much more than drifting round bends and drag racing with the 17 year olds in body or mind.

Looks like a nice practical wagon.

And Fiat own Ferrari, so basically you have a practical Ferrari.

Chopper1192":2l56hxp6 said:
Ah, BMW who supplied aero engines to the NAZIs. A lot of modern bimmers aren't even made by BMW, but by contractors such as Steyr etc in various eastern European countries, so the lineage of many bimmers, especially the smaller one's, is quite suspect.

Ah, the very same BMW Group which builds better MINIs in Britain than the British did.

Pyro Tim":1f5szki5 said:
RadNomad":1f5szki5 said:
Ah, the very same BMW Group which builds better MINIs in Britain than the British did.

The BMW ones are shit! Don't have the soul of the old ones

Just being provocative ;) The MINI on the right i have owned for over 20 years, the MINI on the left is my daily driver. The one on the left is faster, safer, more reliable, more comfortable and has lower emissions hence from most rational perspectives is the better car. The one on the right is laughably dated but i absolutely LOVE it :LOL: I think the new MINIs do have some of the old magic though (cute, nippy, fun, awesome handling etc), i was a sceptic too before living with one.

Latest posts

Back