Team Marin... Trouble with a disc

Westfailure

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Had a few days off work this week and decided to finally sort out the Team Marin i bought a few months back.

Nothing drastic but just stripped out all bearings, bottom bracket, cleaned and re-greased everything. Stripped and lubbed all the cables and re set all gears. Main issues were missing spokes and wonky wheels. Oh and the Ti seat post was stuck fast. Replaced spokes and trued both wheels. Night after night a shot the seat post with solution and using the frame as a lever it finally. FINALLY, freed up.

Apart from the Specialized saddle it all looks totally original to me right down to the full grip, non perished Quake 7's. Let's see what it rides like?

At 17" it's down on the normal ride for me 19".

Went to bed last night looking forward to a few hours out this morning up Tunnel Hill, Banana Split and P45.

Getting ready at about 6am this morning and twisted round in the garage to pick up a spare tube and BANG!!!!!!.

Felt like I took a inife to the back. A good few hours later and a trip to the emergency GP and I have a slipped disc.

Can't get out of my seat and when I do I am bent at 45degrees.

Anyway, the Team will have to wait another day.

I am often told this cycling lark is dangerous.

Mark.

image_zpsd4db7ef4.jpg
[/url][/img]

image_zpscac4a0c1.jpg
[/url][/img]

image_zps0b318334.jpg
[/url][/img]

image_zps25fffaef.jpg
[/url][/img]

image_zps896accb6.jpg
[/url][/img]

image_zpsc8372a51.jpg
[/url][/img]

image_zps8fbe0089.jpg
[/url][/img]

image_zps6dd182b5.jpg
[/url][/img]

Still can't work out this Photobucket lark though.

:shock: get well soon and take it easy.

Should we be calling you 'Brokeback' from now on? :LOL:

The History Man":2yfeynpv said:
:shock: get well soon and take it easy.

Should we be calling you 'Brokeback' from now on? :LOL:

:LOL: I'm easy. I'll be whatever you want........so long as the price is right ;)

Westfailure":l4upc6qc said:
non perished Quake 7's.
At 17" it's down on the normal ride for me 19".

Non perished, that's where you went wrong. I can swap you for a set of nicely perished ones.

Back