kona lava dome 1990

grover1979

Retro Guru
i have a 1990 kona lava dome currently in the for sale section for £80 i have been told it is too cheap even though it does require some work to restore to its former glory having been messed about many times i am considering stripping it and selling as parts
it has full suntour x1 groupset girvin flex stem a cateye mity computer
my question is pretty much is it worth stripping or just keep it on as a full bike?
what sort of money would the bike achieve in parts?
any suggestions or advice would be gratefully received as i am stumped

I think your price is about right Kev. I'd hang on a bit longer and keep bumping the thread if I were you. Perhaps give a price including postage and put it in the listing title.

i simply have no time at the moment to source a box and package a whole bike. But would probably have enough packaging in the shed to wrap frame forks and parts ect but want to make sure its worthwhile parting it out before dismantling it

grover1979":1lel4tu0 said:
i simply have no time at the moment to source a box and package a whole bike. But would probably have enough packaging in the shed to wrap frame forks and parts ect but want to make sure its worthwhile parting it out before dismantling it

It would probably take more time to split and sell to be honest. Sure you can strip the bike down in about ten minutes or so but then you have to clean (ideally) each component, take pics and package them. Have you tried it on eBay with a slightly higher price to cover costs?

its more a case of i would have a 10 mile drive to the nearest bike shop and being busy most days i have no time to do so at the moment.
parts frame ect i could package in the evening and leave with a neighbour to collect the next day.
although i did want it to go as a whole this may be my next choice but im unsure if it will be a case of frame and forks will be sold quickly and then i will be left with all other parts

Back