sept 1981 3 speed Raleigh bomber restoration

lol thanks all. i think those flares are more your chopper crew. bombers were turned up skinny jeans and doc martens :p

as threatened, natty old ever ready lamps brought kicking and screaming into 2013 with some actual real life technology

rationalising all the specifications the LED lamps are half the resistance, half the wattage, yet still 4 times amount of visible light (lumens) so should theoretically double the battery life, and they are also hundreds of times the amount of actual lamp life span, too good to be true ?

bomber_lamp01.jpg

bomber_lamp02.jpg

bomber_lamp03.jpg

bomber_lamp04.jpg

darrenh":2i606u26 said:
too good to be true ?

No - not too good to be true, lighting is one area in which the technological progress of recent years has been phenomenal. I own some 10 year old cateye led lights and they are hopeless compared with the new set i have, so it's not just the switch from filament to LED but the fact that LEDs themselves have become simply amazing. Even cars are using them now as headlamps. I really like your photos, nice to show us the improvement. Great upgrade!
Did you use a lower wattage in the rear, or is it as bright as a "red headlamp"?!

RadNomad":2wr07ktf said:
Did you use a lower wattage in the rear, or is it as bright as a "red headlamp"?!

good point, they were the same filament bulbs in both so i just got a pair of 0.5w L.E.D, so thats option 2 i think!

raleighrider21":2wr07ktf said:
do you want to do my bike for me? ;)

any colour you like as long as its gloss black :p

Seeing this makes me wanna cry!

I had a Bomber as a kid and loved it.

Sadly it was stolen when I was 16. Totally gutted.

Top job, it looks amazing!

One of the best builds yet. Loving this very nicely done - and enjoyed the read and comments

Latest posts

Back