80s Mavic: hubbed & rimmed wheels, brakes

dbmtb

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Looking for something along the lines of
500 hubs on GP4s, MA40s or GEL. Not to fussy as long as rims are grey ano.

Also still need some of the older-type Mavic brakes....

I made an agreement with a chappie in here some time ago about a pair which never happened - if the aforementioned chappie still wants to sell, I can now arrange for prepaid collection from EU member states, so outrageous postage rates would no longer be an issue.

I've got hubs and rims, 32 hole for 7 speed freewheels and a pair of GL330's plus tubs if you ned them?

That could work!

How much you after?

Can probably arrange for you to send as return package once my postage agreement with the Danish postal service goes through.

Let me take some pictures of everything I have and you can see exactly if it's what yuo're after.

PM me an email and I'll get the piccies off as soon as I can.

Re: 80s Mavic: hubbed & rimmed wheels, brake calipers

Just found some NOS brake levers.... type Bounce....

Still need some white modolo rubber for the levers though.

Also need the headset wrenches for the spline-type headset.

Decals are wrong on the rims-these are 90s decals.

BUT....

Ciclomondo can solve such minor details.

What price were you thinking?

Hey.

If the rims aren't from the time period you want then it's entirely possible the hubs aren't either, I'll do some browsing on velobase and also can take any photos you may need for further clarification.

Pricewise, I've posted in the pricing thread to see what others say, I'll need to do some forum and eBay searching to get an idea.

Thanks

Hubs look fine.

Not sure how the rims ended up on 'em. But these are exactly the hubs this stormtrooper is looking for....

The GP4s shown are from the late 1980's - 1990's

42BD273E-CF18-4251-9D39-EE3E3617D75D.jpeg

I have a nice pair of 550/GP4s complete with Continental Sprinter tubs, the tubs have done about 50 miles, the rims have brake marks but in excellent condition.
I can supply more pictures if required. I would be looking for £190 for this set
P1050480.jpg

I could also be tempted to part with my Mavic 500s on Open 4CDs if clinchers were on your list, only just built a couple of months ago and stunning.
It would need to be a special build for these wheels as they cost me an absolute fortune. the parts were sourced from all over Europe at great expense

P1010409.jpg

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

P1050524.jpg

P1050523.jpg

P1050522.jpg

Back