Pace RC38 hollowform LT Questions onto Giant MCM

A_Venables

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ive bought a pair of Pace RC38 Hollowform LT forks to go on my Giant MCM frame, the frame is a 1999 frame so will this be ok? The seller has in his advert that the fork has 120mm travel? Ive only been able to find 100mm travel versions? It has the lockout lever with it, but from the pics the outer cable has seen better days (slightly bent over at the point where it connects onto the top of the fork), can I change the outer cable? Ive read up on the fork, but cant figure out what the different air chambers are about, instead of having just one in each leg? Whats the benefits? The sellers add says all adjustment works and the fork is in good condition, ive heard problems with air leaks, etc. How long should this fork hold its air in the 3 chambers for? I used to have a set of Bombers that very rarely needed more air. Looking forward to getting these, jus hope they continue the satisfaction ive had with the RC36 EVO and RC40s Ive had.

Cant help you myself but worth a pm to justbackdated (aka Tim Price) who has forgotten more about Pace Forks than the rest of us know.

secret_squirrel":32mhhios said:
Cant help you myself but worth a pm to justbackdated (aka Tim Price) who has forgotten more about Pace Forks than the rest of us know.

Will do, ive just got them through the post, they look fantastic, feel silly smooth for an air fork and everything seems to work. The black coating on the stanchions is all there (first second hand ones ive seen for sale that aren't worn), so pretty happy! Just got to get them on a bike now! Just wondered if anyone else had experience of these before I start asking Tim again! :oops:

Latest posts

Back