1989 Raleigh Banana Team Bike - Dave Rayner

Doubledee":1tz6kohx said:
That's great really great! Following in your footsteps Maggie has my white Reydel GTI saddle that she is changing to black, she's also got her artwork guy to make the GTI stencils then she will airbrush on in white. I'll post in my Vitus KAS thread when I get it back, and the cost? £45 all in as no colour matching is required. Thanks for posting the link :) Darren

I know she showed me "before" :) I'll look forward to seeing "after"

So you've seen it! Can't wait I'm actually riding it at least 60 miles per week as the weather is so good but have caved in this week and changed to a block with a 24 on so that's 42x24 much better in ageing knees! I won't hijack your thread any longer :)

citrixccea":11e7ubcl said:
So having decided not to do the vertical stripes, when it was in the workshop it was clear there were indentations for them, so they went on !

How good does the saddle look now ?

To me - it just looks "right"

Maggie dose a great job glad you shared what she can do as my orange Turbo for the ANC Halfords restoration is better that I could have ever thought

I'm hoping to exhibit the completed bike at the Yorkshire Bicycle Show - I can't think of a more appropriate event, in Leeds on the weekend of the 21st and 22nd of September. I've traded emails with Edward there, who's also keen for other potential exhibitors to get in touch - he's on info@yorkshirebicycleshow.co.uk, and the website is http://www.yorkshirebicycleshow.co.uk/

Final tease, I have confirmed to pick the bike up tomorrow, will hopefully post pics this weekend.

So as promised I've picked the bike up today - now it's safely back home I can reveal that it was Dave Marsh at Universal Cycle Centre in Maltby, South Yorkshire who did all the work cabling up the delta's and the shifters, applying the decals and the bar tape. And what a good job you've done Dave. I've said it before, if you like Raleigh's Carltons, or simply want to see Chris Walker's old Banana Falcon, call in and ask for Dave.

I took some pics in the shop, as did Dave - and while we were snapping away Jon Clay's mother called in, and was able to share a tale with us of Jon having a similar bike stolen - this was stamped PS for Pascal Simon, should you ever happen upon it.

Have I dropped enough names yet ? Sorry back to my thread - you know you've taken your retro bike to the right place when they want to take some pics before you leave. I duly obliged, and took the Saddle and the SGRs.

As I like to tease, I've also taken some more pics on the way home, which I'll share after reviewing them.

Attachments

• photo(7).JPG
    photo(7).JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 853
  • photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 853
  • photo(10).JPG
    photo(10).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 853
Now there's a question - in Dave's shop he had. 531 Team Raleigh Ti with modern wheels and gruppo on it, and it got me thinking....

At the start of this thread (page 1!) I posted the image of Dave Rayner riding through the field of rapeseed, and while all the yellow flowers have gone, I knew where I wanted to take my first 'proper' photos. I think there will be plenty more to follow.

Attachments

• photo(16).JPG
    photo(16).JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 820
  • photo(17).JPG
    photo(17).JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 820
Back