1990 kona lava dome in barn find condition £ 80 ono

OK, I have deleted all the comments that were either abusive, off topic or commenting on price or just part of the argument.

read the rules gents, and think about what you post before you type it.

apologies to the seller.

Jon,
section Mod.

jonnyboy666":3el45lh9 said:
right, that's enough of that.

so many rules broken here,

commenting on price, the seller listed a price he was happy to sell at, if you consider it low then buy the bargain, if that price is set then the seller is not getting ripped off

swearing, no need.

name calling, no need.

pm-ing insults and abuse, no need.

i will lock this thread (apologies to the seller) pending discussion with other mods as to correct procedure but i will probably clean it up then unlock it again.
just to clarify i had bought this bike a while ago with the intention of doing it up. However other commitments mean i will not have time to do so i had picked up a bargain and am simply passing it on i do not wish to become rich off anything and i think it would be such a shame to allow it to rot. i hope the buyer feels they have a bargain and that it is eventually restored to its former glory.
Is,nt that the spirit of retrobike? Oh well perhaps not. i second the mod on this pm,ing potential buyers ect is out of order perhaps some of you need to get out a bit more or maybe even suggest to me what you think i should get for it and maybe even pay that price not just criticise someone who is buying for a price set by myself that i am happy to receive for it.

lovely kona....deserves a loving owner to take it out, buy it presents etc. i'm sure it will love living by the sea!

zetecmk2":271q3y9m said:
lovely kona....deserves a loving owner to take it out, buy it presents etc. i'm sure it will love living by the sea!

Got a lovely splatter fire mountain to keep it company

Hi there, my second post here on retrobike. Just happened to notice this post as I have bought two Lava domes from eBay and collected them today, one very good original 1993 model from London and one 1990 model in need of attention from Somerset, I literally got home an hour ago after a 540 mile round trip from Peterborough to collect them both. Unknown to me Ive bought this very Lava dome. Tomorrow It will be stripped. The paint is unfortunately way beyond redemption and the frame has surface rust so I have decided to have the frame and forks professionally shot blasted and powder coated. (will be ringing around next week for quotes). However just need to find where I can locate the original decals as I want to keep this as original as possible can anyone help? I want to restore this to its former glory.

Back