1994 (I think) Specialized Stumpjumper FS

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I was looking for a thread to post this into as I am sure its a common bike, but couldn't find it.

This is my 1994 (maybe 1995) Stumpjumper FS. I have owned it since brand new. Its hardly ever seen the trail and s in excellent shape. The Mag21s have never needed a rebuild and the only marks on the frame are from leans and moving it around the basement. It lives up in Muskoka now. I recently brought it back to give it a tune and some new rubber (the gummas are getter too $$y to leave on). It has all the trick ringle and syncros bits I wanted as a kid on it. I'll never sell it despite many offers from my local specialized dealers :)

Frame: 1995 Specialized Stumpjumper FS

Fork: Rock Shox Mag 21

Headset: Aheadset
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: Syncros
Grips: Tomac
Barends: None

Brakes: LX
Brake Pads: LX
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Odyssey Straddle Rods
Brake Levers: Diacompe

Shifters: Gripshift
Front Derailleur: LX
Rear Derailleur: XT
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: XT
Chain: XT
Cranks: LX
Crank Bolts: XT
Chainrings: LX
Chainring bolts: LX
Bottom Bracket: LX
Pedals: Shimano

Hub Skewers: Salsa (Can't remember)
Rims: Mavic
Hubs: Ringle Front, XT rear
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Michelin XCR
Tubes: Specialized

Saddle: Specialized
Seatpost: Specialized
Seatpost Binder: Salsa

Attachments

• Stumpy FS 2.jpg
    Stumpy FS 2.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 1,517
  • Stumpy FS.jpg
    Stumpy FS.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 1,515
  • photo (24).jpg
    photo (24).jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 1,515
Looks great, love the old Stumpy's. I have an FSR and its a great ride. I do a lot of singletrack and XC with mine you should go out and get that old girl dirty. haha

I probably would ride it on the trail if it was a rigid. The mag21s are a solid unit, but these ones are just too good to mess up. Most of the trails near me are pretty hard on equipment so I shy away. It did see a puddle today ... I gasped :)

I have never seen this colorway...ZOMG DO WANT! Good job keeping it in the condition its in.

Latest posts

Back