Been absent for a while

Hello all,

I thought I'd give you an update. I completed my course of radiotherapy and I'm on the 4th course of chemotherapy and it does lay you out a bit as a few of you know.

I did manage to get out on the bike yesterday for the first time on a long(ish) ride down the River Mersey and Trans Pennine Trail. I'm completely knackered today but it was good to get out again.

I'm going to set myself a goal of getting to one of the NW area rides later this year so I hope to see some of you out and about then.

Cheers, Jon

Jon, sorry to hear you're unwell. Glad you're back on the bike and hope you get out to a NW ride later this year. All the best, JOhn

Jon, great that you've made it out on the bike. I know Christie well, my best mate lives right opposite at 557. He's a doctor and Christies have a great reputation.

Wishing you a speedy recovery bud.

I have news...

I had a scan on Wednesday and it's all clear :D

Still got to complete the 6th course of chemotherapy but that's only another 4 days and I'm free!

Chuffed to bits and I've been a bit drunk since then ;)

So see you out on the trails when I've got a bit fitter :)

(Sorry about the excessive use of emoticons but I'm very happy)

The best of news! (I have an ultrasound scan tomorrow and haven't been near a bike in a month. Its a real sod missing the best summer in years.)

cornholio's RC200":1dp42l4p said:
I have news...

I had a scan on Wednesday and it's all clear :D

Still got to complete the 6th course of chemotherapy but that's only another 4 days and I'm free!

Chuffed to bits and I've been a bit drunk since then ;)

So see you out on the trails when I've got a bit fitter :)

(Sorry about the excessive use of emoticons but I'm very happy)

Congratulations that is brilliant news.

thats made my day, well done fella . Holmfirth on the 11th August as a suggestion if thats not too soon for you,

it would be nice to have some company as i walk up the hills , although i imagine you will still be fitter than me

have lots of mr coolio smileys :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back