Cross link/lawwill leader forks -what frames do they work on

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've been hanging on to a set of nos carbon crosslink forks for my rainy day, dream build, a GT STS. After getting my hands on one recently I was soooo disappointed that the noleens looked rubbish, the same could be said for the lawwill leader 3 forks I have as well, so my question is, are there any particular frames that these forks suit?

I don't plan on taking on any more projects unless it is really something special once the sts is complete, so should I hang on to the forks for a future build (subject to the existence of a suitable frame to mate them to), or is it time to let them go, roam free and get the use they deserve elsewhere?

Re: Cross link/lawwill leader forks -what frames do they wor

The leader's would look dapper on my Parkpre ;)

On a serious note, Crosslinks and Vectors have always suited Proflex and been standard fit as such, however in one of the Orange Catalogues (Cant recall which one) it does show a Hardtail Orange fitted with some Girvins, and it looks really nice, I've seen a few GT's also with Girvins and again they look well paired. I know Girvins are not everyones cup of tea and also not great on performance compared to other front suspension forks but for me they are interesting and different. Leaders & Amps also look funky and different and tend to suit Carbon or Polished frames, again GT's spring to mind.

Be brave and try something different ;) you never know.........

I think the noleens will look good on multi pivot (FSR? LTS) period matching full sus frames, I think they make the front of hardtails look out of proportion. Of course they seem natural on Pro-flexii.

The fork legs look good when colour matched with the swingarm.

product_349452.jpg

Noleen's not so original then?

36586d1098844480-411-girvin-noleen-crosslinks-olmo5.jpg

I've found a hardtail they work on!!!

jQ0gp-2.jpg

Built up STS with noleens?

newbike3.jpg

Form over function at the perfect level!! I need one

pbpic3592857.jpg

Believe Caroline Alexander ran girvins on a Klein around 96 or so. That should upset some purists.

Some more Girvin options :D

Attachments

• Orange002s.jpg
    Orange002s.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,648
  • th.jpg
    th.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,648

Why did they look so bad on my sts? Perhaps with wheels and finishing kit, they might look better, but will stick with more conventional forks for now I think. Maybe it was the red painted bits and decals that made them look worse as a lot of the pics are sans colour?

ishaw":5o2ai53i said:
Why did they look so bad on my sts? Perhaps with wheels and finishing kit, they might look better, but will stick with more conventional forks for now I think. Maybe it was the red painted bits and decals that made them look worse as a lot of the pics are sans colour?

The blue & red decals definitely clashed on your mock up

Excuse the idle, hot afternoon post...

I don't think anything looks 'right' on an STS.

I'm thinking of running LOOK Fournales, but with so many wrong angles...
You always get that gappy looking back end with a 'too steep, had a nasty accident' front.
IMG_5188_zpsd0c53568.jpg

Whereas Leaders look classy (but definitely not period correct :eek: ) on pretty much anything:
IMG_5192_zps3322b6ea.jpg

AMP, not bad, lines are better but spindly looking
IMG_5190_zpsdc24081f.jpg

Straightish telescopics (Magura) look pretty good, but a bit tame:
IMG_5189_zpsd8455a49.jpg

Hurrycat Vorace...now you're talking :D But you can't have them...
IMG_5191_zpsf62ce454.jpg

So maybe a nice set of Rock Shox would be best after all :roll:
20130112_113705_zpsd6f81128.jpg

I wonder if we have the same taste in drink and women, too?

All the best,

I had Girvins on my 94 Cinder Cone and it looked the nuts, in pieces now though while I ponder on the availability of spare parts such as shocks and seals.

Latest posts

Back