MacRetro Trading Post

D'oh I read that as 661 XL

I think that makes it way too big for my melon....I think my current lids are med/large...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The Ken":1ennpk5n said:

Just let me know Dave as I can "chuck" it in the back of the people carrier easily enough :D

I messaged the seller and he said it was in good order. 489D makes it a 1954 bike I reckon :cool: Its slightly older sibling 488D is on the website here too :LOL:

http://www.flying-scot.com/gallery_page ... _5054.html

He has no feedback but remember - Paypal is your friend ;)

an extract of our chat.......

Hi I live in Nookside Sunderland the frame size is 21 inches and the paintwork is in excellent condition.
The serial number is 489D, Hope this answeres your questions thankyou

- ray.barnes.1952
Reply in your email program or through My Messages

Respond Now

To: ray.barnes.1952
Subject:
Sent Date:

Dear ray.barnes.1952,

Hi, where in Sunderland are you?

What is the frame size, measured from centre of crank to top of seat tube, where the seatpost goes in?

What condition is the paintwork?

What is the serial number, usually shown on bottom of frame below pedals?

cheers

:xmas-big-grin:

wheels, cranks, aero brake levers, stem and rear derry are all newer items, not 1954 ones as you can see - but it's the frame wot counts ;)
Look Delta pedals I think.
Can't make out the calipers but prob newish too. Essentially looks like a 1954 frame with recent parts thrown onto it - not necessarily a bad thing.

The Ken":18tj6dla said:
fingers crossed, but I've not won a weekend bid yet - I always forget to watch it close

What else are you gonna be doing at 10 to 4 tomorrow afternoon?

:roll:

Gonna be putting most of my bikes and stuff up for sale
If there's anything that you know I have just ask
And if there's owt your looking for try me
Will do some pics as and when and get them stuck up
But the my bikes thread is a good start point for anyone interested
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=147575
Mike

Back