Work bikes

My beloved Scott. Boughtit for 50 Euros - runs like a breese. I bougt it for parts, but after one little test-tour I couldn't tear it apart. Now its my everyday-work bike.
large_IMG_3724.JPG

My commuter (2001 VOTEC F7 CC) with various tire configurations...

With Schwalbe Black Shark Light 1.9, witch i use only for mountainbiking because of the vibration on the road.
dsc09504h.jpg

dsc09503d.jpg

With Specialized 1.0 tires. This doesn't cycle as well as "normal" tires, they are to narrow i think. I don't use them very much, it looks odd... It's a waste of money, they were expensive. About 40 euro's a piece...
zybt.jpg

gd5s.jpg

And, with Schwalbe Hurricane 2.0 witch i use most of the time. In this case, i can cut of some of the route trough the woods.
fs3y.jpg

gkx9.jpg

Any way, i haven't found the perfect semi slick yet...

Here is my (I think) 95 Zaskar which is my bike for snow days and as a back-up for when my main ride craps out.

My main ride is a Kona Dew FS that I'm in the process of converting to a CX / ATB fusion. Here is it on the bike stand last night. As interest, time and $ allow I may switch it to a drop bar with barcons and cane creek long pull brake levers. :D

Attachments

• Zaskar2.JPG
    Zaskar2.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,541
  • CCX1.JPG
    CCX1.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,541
:cool: Here she is, my main work bike at the moment. bought the frame with ideas of a powdercoat but then ended up with a temporary rattle can finish, which turned out better than anticipated so will be ok for the time being.
xt shifters, avid 1.9 levers. lx mechs, suntour cranks. all from my bits box, and a couple of wheels also from my stash.
works well, so I can go off on the long way home if I feel it.

Here's my everyday 1993 Fire Mountain, all stock except for grips. Outiftted with a BLT light system.
Yes, church was in at the time this was taken :facepalm:

Flood ravaged pedestrian bridge (this is the one that didn't get washed away) The water would have been touching my tires.

Downtown Calgary

Here is my work horse. It has an issue with the gears at the moment which I need to sort.
voodoo.jpg

The Voodoo will soon be sharing the load with this retro Raleigh.
criterium.jpg

And I use my favourite toy on a Tuesday.
bikepics-2337660-800.jpg

Re:

John":1iwcs73s said:
P20":1iwcs73s said:
Oh and it was described as'minging' on STW as it was deemed a bit too loud and not very subtle :cool:

:evil: heathens...heathens. Goes to show there are some real muppets on stw. I bet a lot of people on stw think an original on one is 'retro' and a Kona Jake the snake a decent road bike.

What is stw. it sounds like my kind of site

thanks andy

Here's my 98 Merlin XLM I bought new. I'm retired now so this is my errand running bike and also my cold weather bike. It's very comfortable and fast. It's been built up all sorts of ways over the years but I very much enjoy it like this at present.

Attachments

• Merlin XLM.jpg
    Merlin XLM.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,319
Back