Midweek Moontains

good work gazz! i'd be up for next week, hopefully the work/life will be back in order by then.

tuesdays don't work for me

sounds fine by me, looks like I'll need to be in the office on Wednesday, meaning that it'll be 6pm+ before I'll be able to get over there

is there somewhere closer to your office then.... means I don't faff about at my work to long (no point going home) and we get max light?

it's getting along the M8 that'll take time, I test the water to see if I can get out of the meetings and I'll have a look / think at lunch-time to see if there's any alternative rides

a half pizza and chips later... no success on tinternet, although I've realised I'm the only rider in west central scotland that hasn't visited mugdock. can't get outta my meeting, but could arrange a sharp exit and with the school hol's should be able to get along the M8 (hopefully) sharp lets do lakewinnoch. i'm good for any bike hike adventure... where'e the meeting point??

At a wedding tonight and was told of a great run from muirshiel visitor centre all the way over to kilmacolm, let me check it out and see if it is doable in one night, anyone else fancy?

clockworkgazz":1caknw7k said:
At a wedding tonight and was told of a great run from muirshiel visitor centre all the way over to kilmacolm, let me check it out and see if it is doable in one night, anyone else fancy?

The only one I can think of is the run I do in reverse. It doesn't quite reach Kilmacolm.
and it's mostly landrover track. No single track .

I usually start in Canal St , Elderslie , take the cycle path to Bridge of Weir then country road to Hardridge Farm where the landrover tracks start. Take the track over the grouse moor to the Muirshiel visitor centre then a high speed road run down into Lochwinnoch and back onto the cycle track to Elderslie. Its about 26 miles if I remember correctly. Nice run but not singletrack , mostly tarmac actually.

yeah the landrover tracks was the plan, however will have to cancel tomorrow, been suffering with bad guts for the last 4 days and son has football so I'm out lads, next week for sure.

baws just packed the car! :roll: not a problem fella, I've got a plan b :D

a couple of pints of Guinness should cure you :LOL:

Latest posts

Back