The French Connection! now with Alpe d'Huez pics and vid!

Re: The French Connection! now with Alpe d'Huez pics and vid

Great thread and photos.

Really enjoyed reading through all that. Epic trip!

I was in La Tousierre (sp?) for four days with my father and got back on Sun. Magical place, HUGE mountains making anything in the Lakes look minuscule! I enjoyed the ride up Alpe D'Huez, tough going but satisfying to do. Nice riding up with the road covered in Tour writing.

i have finally got round to doing a little vid compilation of the couple of weeks out there,

it's only one tune long an is a overview of the 2 weeks of riding, driving and having fun :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX3mgMgcZoo[/youtube]

I think you're angling for a job with the French Tourist Office! :LOL:

just read through this;thanks for posting
been to france twice and love the place going back on my fargo someday :D
last time i was on a 250 lc :cool:

Re: The French Connection!

jonnyboy666":1ye8enpe said:
if you can be bothered to watch 15 minutes, here is the full descent of Alpe d'Huez, this was from the monday before the stage on thursday, some good traffic dodging :D

:shock:

What motorbike were you on?

:?

Re: The French Connection!

firedfromthecircus":3blz9x3a said:
jonnyboy666":3blz9x3a said:
if you can be bothered to watch 15 minutes, here is the full descent of Alpe d'Huez, this was from the monday before the stage on thursday, some good traffic dodging :D

:shock:

What motorbike were you on?

:?

I know, it's flippin' heartstopping in places! :cool:

descending like a Demon on a Demon :twisted:

:D :D

i used to ride in traffic alot when commuting several years ago so i'm not scared to get a little closer than normal to cars, not that i'm advocating being reckless, i just didn't want the cars etc to spoil the descent.

It's the speed you were passing some of them that makes it difficult to realise it's a bicycle.:LOL:
How much pedaling were you doing on the way down?

well i was giving it the beans and most people were rolling because of the traffic, also being on an MTB i had better brakes, i did remember seeing alot of people looking on the hairpins though, some mtb nutter overtaking cars :LOL:

Back