SOLD Hope Minis - Full Set - £60

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Complete set of Hope Minis
Braided Hoses
180/160 wavey rotors

Now, the snag. I've stripped some of the threads on one of the front mounts :oops:

There's still about 50% thread left in there, so a longer bolt should hold it in place just fine. I just fancied a different set of brakes, so this was the perfect excuse ;)

Everything else is in absolutely excellent condition and the brakes work faultlessly.

£60 posted to the UK
Now Sold

Re: Hope Minis - Full Set - £60

Please could you send me some real close up pics including the damaged thread ?

Cheers,

WD :D

WD Pro":2157e8xr said:
Please could you send me some real close up pics including the damaged thread ?

Cheers,

I'll go out and take some now for you :)

Here you go. Freshly taken. I'm sorry but this is the best I can capture the threads. They're about 50% gone. It was my own fault as I was using a lot of washers, so the bolt didn't thread all the way into the caliper. A longer bolt (or using less washers between caliper and fork!) would sort it out I'm sure.

REAR Caliper (no. 3 - IS 160mm)

REAR Lever:

REAR Brake:

FRONT Caliper (no. 3 - IS 180mm)

FRONT thread damage:

FRONT Lever:

paulvandermoolen":2rvrp12x said:
Hello,

any retro swaps on these?

greetz

I'm not really after anything at the moment to be honest, unless you've got some nice flat pedals?

Hi,

Thanks for the pics but I think I will wait a while - I'm not in a rush but they do seem a good buy !

Good luck with the sale :D

WD Pro":1d38p2dq said:
Hi,

Thanks for the pics but I think I will wait a while - I'm not in a rush but they do seem a good buy !

Good luck with the sale :D

No problem :)

I'm almost 100% certain that the stripped threads are a very quick and easy fix for someone with the tools to do it properly. However, that someone isn't me!

The rear brake, levers, hoses and rotors are probably worth my asking price, so hopefully someone will snap them up soon :)

Yeah, the stripped thread didn't bother me, helicoil = better than new ;-)

WD Pro":2ezlymqf said:
Yeah, the stripped thread didn't bother me, helicoil = better than new ;-)

You wouldn't happen to know what size and thread pitch the bolt would be, do you? I might look to buy a helicoil kit and have a go at fixing it.

Back