Unofficial retrobike allotment thread....

lumos2000":1oup99k8 said:
mmm im not to keen on chemicals , ill have to read up on it.

Sometimes, if things are bad, it's the only way. And you may well only have to spray for the first couple of years and then occasionally after that.

lumos2000":1oup99k8 said:
so ive thought about growing mushrooms in it. something else to read up on. anyone have any experience?

These fellas?

Still-from-Withnail-and-I-001.jpg

Just processed around 5 pounds of broad beans. Also made 6 one and a half pound jars of black currant jam which is around only 20 percent of the things used.

Also six jars of gooseberry jam.

Anyone ever made black currant cordial before?

grumpycommuter":qcx6uqle said:
lumos2000":qcx6uqle said:

Sometimes, if things are bad, it's the only way. And you may well only have to spray for the first couple of years and then occasionally after that.

lumos2000":qcx6uqle said:
so ive thought about growing mushrooms in it. something else to read up on. anyone have any experience?

These fellas?

Still-from-Withnail-and-I-001.jpg

haha I thought about that earlier, I was clearing the grass away and found some spuds, reminded me of when hes looking in the field for potatos :)

My neighbour Renee 3 doors down is always asking for advice on improving the potency of his crop.
I usually recommend a secluded site ring fenced with strongly aromatic herbs, plenty of light and fresh air. Give it a soaking with a good organic sea weed feed.
I can tell when he skins-up a Camberwell Carrot as the fumes drift across the back gardens.

Attachments

• camberwell carrot.jpg
    camberwell carrot.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 218
This week, at the Camden Proud Gallery, went to see an exhibition of film stills and photos taken during the filming of Withnail and I.
Brilliant. You can almost hear the quotes coming out of the glossy black and whites. "We want the finest wines available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!"

lumos2000":1q82s6c6 said:
I have a shed that was left behind, I live just round the corner from the allotment and I wont be using it for tools so ive thought about growing mushrooms in it. something else to read up on. anyone have any experience?

The developers of Roundup, Roundup Ready and Glyphosphate products, also developed 'Agent Orange', as used extensively to deforest Vietnam. Monsanto – the work of the devil. These guys are steadily copyrighting the World's seed genes and aggressively suing people for seed patent violations. Currently, particularly in the States and other regions where GM crops are pushed, any farmers/producers/growers who are victims of "transgenic trespassing" from GM seed, can and are being sued for having Monsanto's patent-protected seeds on their property. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505124_162- ... seed-suit/ Pressure is also being applied to the EU regarding the approval and control of seeds, and challenges are being made to the availability of and commercial use of heirloom/heritage seeds.

I would say avoid the chemicals. Use nature, rather than fight against it. There's no substitute for good practises and honest hard work.

groovyblueshed":38v6g9bb said:
lumos2000":38v6g9bb said:
I have a shed that was left behind, I live just round the corner from the allotment and I wont be using it for tools so ive thought about growing mushrooms in it. something else to read up on. anyone have any experience?

The developers of Roundup, Roundup Ready and Glyphosphate products, also developed 'Agent Orange', as used extensively to deforest Vietnam. Monsanto – the work of the devil. These guys are steadily copyrighting the World's seed genes and aggressively suing people for seed patent violations. Currently, particularly in the States and other regions where GM crops are pushed, any farmers/producers/growers who are victims of "transgenic trespassing" from GM seed, can and are being sued for having Monsanto's patent-protected seeds on their property. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505124_162- ... seed-suit/ Pressure is also being applied to the EU regarding the approval and control of seeds, and challenges are being made to the availability of and commercial use of heirloom/heritage seeds.

I would say avoid the chemicals. Use nature, rather than fight against it. There's no substitute for good practises and honest hard work.

not to mention all the bees dying in their billions and no one knows why

Latest posts

Back