Specialized S-Works steel from 1991

stoppi_71

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello!

Step by step I'm trying to overtake user Stumpjumper concerning the number of specialized bikes ... ;)

Last week I saw this Beauty (framenumber 91...) in a bicycle shop within a Cluster of old and rusty no names. I had to buy/rescue it. It looks really bad with all the mismatched parts (saddle for elephants, kid rock stem, a lot of stickers ...).
The frame has a lot of scratches and one tiny dent in the top tube. But that doesn't bother me because I'm not the NOS-looking retro-guy. Each scratch tells a little story and is an evidence for a life in nature or somewhere else...

I cleaned all the bearings, luckily the bb could be removed, the left crank had a crack and had to be removed, most of the rusty parts and screws were replaced and now it Looks quite nice, though only equipped with DX instead of suntour Beast ;)

As you can see my balcony is already too small. Some good pictures will follow. Cheers stoppi

Attachments

• S-Works-Steel_09.jpg
    S-Works-Steel_09.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,440
  • S-Works-Steel_08.jpg
    S-Works-Steel_08.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,440
  • S-Works-Steel_07.jpg
    S-Works-Steel_07.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 1,438
stoppi_71":10820j0m said:
Hello!

Step by step I'm trying to overtake user Stumpjumper concerning the number of specialized bikes ... ;)

:LOL: :LOL: I dare you! :LOL: :LOL:

What number is this? :LOL:

But seriously, nice find! Still want one myself. Has to be a 20" though.

Love to follow this one!

It's my fifth specialized, but three of them are already sold (the pro to you ;-)). Specialized is one of those manufactorers, which i associate most with retro and my youth. And luckily they aren't as expensive as some other brands...
Therefore i admire your wonderful collection, bart :)
Though it's smaller than my stumpjumper it seems to have a slightly different geometry. The toptube measures 58 cm c-c and this is the reason for the high-rise-stem.

Back