fines for taking kids on holiday ?

MikeD":1j64kvuo said:
Taking them out right in the middle of a term or during SATS or something is clearly daft :)

you would think but when parents left school with no qualifications and frequently living on benefits they don't see the need / impact of what missed.........and so the cycle repeats

daugs":3t3vj94m said:
MikeD":3t3vj94m said:
Taking them out right in the middle of a term or during SATS or something is clearly daft :)

you would think but when parents left school with no qualifications and frequently living on benefits they don't see the need / impact of what missed.........and so the cycle repeats
Amen to that brother, the amount of students we have sign up that have left school with the inability to spell even basic words is staggering.
and OFSTED expect us to pick up the pieces. Rant over.

Parents who see no value in education is a bigger problem than just taking kids out of school for a few days, though.

we also have kids enrolling so their parents can continue to claim benefits when they get past 18 years old.
sorry for the o/t

daugs":29qw7njo said:
MikeD":29qw7njo said:

I find our neighbours attitude is "No point to education, didn't get me nowhere" I find this frustrating, not only can a good education, not necessarily to degree level, help you work-wise but it gives you a stronger feeling of a high self-esteem.

Alison

Isaac_AG":1n2ytjmr said:
daugs":1n2ytjmr said:
MikeD":1n2ytjmr said:

I find our neighbours attitude is "No point to education, didn't get me nowhere" I find this frustrating, not only can a good education, not necessarily to degree level, help you work-wise but it gives you a stronger feeling of a high self-esteem.

Alison
And of course they will sadly miss the irony of double negatives. :LOL:

Chute55uk":y690e0qe said:

Absolutely :LOL:

And if I drop my H's that's this bloomin laptop :D

Alison

Tell them to piss off. I only ever went on holiday in January as a kid, due to the family business. Didn't do me any harm.

Although if your child is a dunce it might not be such a good idea.

I never went on a family holiday till I was 29 because of the livestock, that never did me any halm either. Holidays are overrated anyway.

Alison

Alison

I've just been allowed crayons again. Felt tips were too messy.

Back