Bike insurance

s_zigmond

Senior Retro Guru
Who do people use?
Any that i should avoid?
Any experiences anyone has would be much apreciated!

Thank you in advance

The only insurance I've got is with my house insurance. It only covers bikes up to £500 though :( I could put the cover up but they add a ridiculous premium and then there's all the disclaimers they put in :evil:

Same as what Xizang said for me. None of my bikes are worth £500 so it doesn't really matter about the limit. Good thing about my home policy is it also covers them when away from the house as long as i can prove they were secured if they got nicked.

exbiker":riy4hhhb said:
Good thing about my home policy is it also covers them when away from the house as long as i can prove they were secured if they got nicked.

X 3 on the house insurance front.

Got them insured for £1k each, because it didnt alter the house insurance premium. I know they aren't worth that, but what the heck, it means theres more chance of them paying out £300/500 if they were nicked! :LOL:

Can recommend CTC's insurance run by Butterworths. Linked through the CTC site I think.

ALways been very low maintenance on changing details, renewing etc. You get the impression it's a small company with a kind of old school approach.

Works out about 5% of the totals on the bikes in my experience. Not cheap, but cheaper and way for friendly and efficient than say Evans (who quoted me at 15% last time I checked).

I've also heard good things about M&S contents and home insurances for bike cover.

Outstanding Deal

Sounds odd folks, but get a quote from M&S for contents. Covers items up to 4K with no itemisation and is way cheap compared to my existing cover. That 4K limit really makes this cheap - take a look and see!

Definitely includes bikes at home and select the away from home option and covers them worldwide. Can anyone beat that???

Of course, if your rig is over £4K you may need to pay a little more...

Back