Ever seen one of these? Klein content

Vinevo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
This stem came on an 1991 Adroit so it's Klein Oversize like a traditional Mission Control 1, very nice welds, titanium quill bolt, no brand markings.

I've never seen one before and don't understand why you would want one over an MC1, anyone else ever seen one?

Cheers, Ash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 650
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 650
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 650
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 650
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 650
Pictures of Caroline Alexander's Klein Agile cyclocross bike has a similar looking stem. The use of road handle bars means a normal MC1 cannot be used.

The Klein Adept also had a drop bar option in the catalog, so I guess the stem would be one of these.

GT-Steve":pyxg5fjx said:
You've got hands like the Incredible Hulk, Ash :LOL:

Sorry, can't help with the stem quandry. :oops:

It took a little anger to get it free Steve!

Someone got in touch to say they know of one fitted to an Adept that belonged to a Klein employee so perhaps a few about out there.

Mr ez054098 posted a similar one a while ago. The front of yours looks very much like a control tech to me.

Attachments

• 4sm.jpg
    4sm.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 485
bat40a6":1nafywe0 said:
Pictures of Caroline Alexander's Klein Agile cyclocross bike has a similar looking stem. The use of road handle bars means a normal MC1 cannot be used.

The Klein Adept also had a drop bar option in the catalog, so I guess the stem would be one of these.

Whilst looking up the klein agile this little fellow popped up which apparently shared the same name. I wonder if any survivors exist today?

Attachments

• agile_trial_klein.jpg
    agile_trial_klein.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 479
I had an early Attitude with one of those, unfortunately I don't have pics. I am not a huge fan of the MC1 look either but you have to respect them a little.

Back