Newish oldish steel Kona

Huntso

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Now why did I think those tyres and cranks looked cool?
Anyway its my 1998 18in Caldera, cost the then princely sum of £799, only know because I found the little Kona Members Club card at work the other day along with the price label.

Attachments

• BIKE1 (Medium).jpg
    BIKE1 (Medium).jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,092
Already got rid of them, but thanks for the offer
Someone on here kindly took them off my hands a couple of months ago.

Huntso":rhujgiuf said:
Now why did I think those tyres and cranks looked cool?
Anyway its my 1998 18in Caldera, cost the then princely sum of £799, only know because I found the little Kona Members Club card at work the other day along with the price label.
I thought you'd gone over to the dark side? Don't sell this one, it's a classic - especially with those Bombers to replace the Judy T2s!

I've got a 98 Explosif with the same colour decals and some red Z2s - haven't got round to building it up yet, but I hope it looks as good as that when it's done.

And I hope you got at least £30 for those tyres too!

Sadly only got 25 quid for the tyres, ok to look at, but next to useless for traction especially cornering.
I also had a 99 853 Explosif, metallic grey colour, but sold it to buy a rather nice M5 S-works.

The original forks on this one were I seem to remember a cream colour rather than the usual Black.
They were pretty useless, but these Z2 Atom 80's are superb, in fact got two forks exactly the same, can't see the need for anything else.
Not over heavy, rebound adjust that works and even got a disc mount if needed.

Must say I am a devotee of the beer can frame material really, seems to reward my poor old legs efforts more than the this type of frame.

Nice to hear from you again and please post some pics when you get the Explosif built.
Am I also right in thinking you bought one of these ages ago that was damaged from someone in the Oxford area?
Just seems to ring a bell for some reason

Huntso":3rxg1rti said:
Sadly only got 25 quid for the tyres, ok to look at, but next to useless for traction especially cornering.
I also had a 99 853 Explosif, metallic grey colour, but sold it to buy a rather nice M5 S-works.

The original forks on this one were I seem to remember a cream colour rather than the usual Black.
They were pretty useless, but these Z2 Atom 80's are superb, in fact got two forks exactly the same, can't see the need for anything else.
Not over heavy, rebound adjust that works and even got a disc mount if needed.

Must say I am a devotee of the beer can frame material really, seems to reward my poor old legs efforts more than the this type of frame.

Nice to hear from you again and please post some pics when you get the Explosif built.
Am I also right in thinking you bought one of these ages ago that was damaged from someone in the Oxford area?
Just seems to ring a bell for some reason
Well remembered! Yes it was a red/orange 99 one like Mark's that I bought from somebody on STW and when I was cleaning it I noticed a fine crack in the bb/st weld. Actually the seller was very cooperative and I said as I'm repudiating this, it's still legally yours and as you're the original purchaser you can get it replaced under warranty. Which he did and Kona, as is their right, decided to repair it - so it went off to Argos Cycles and came back with a drop-dead-gorgeous paint job in the same colour and a superbly classy little Argos sticker. Best frame I've ever sold (so far, anyway!)

Back