£6k to blow on a car - 700 miles a week use

Sorry but the comments about Skoda and SEAT being parts bin rubbish couldn't be further from the case, particularly on the most recent models. Skoda are built in a new state of the art factory near Prague that produces a product with better reliability and return rates than VW and Audi. SEAT are also built in a modern factory in Spain and although like Skoda they are built with some cheaper interior materials to keep costs down, they share many common parts and also have excellent reliability. Only brand snobbery and ignorance keeps most people out of a SEAT or Skoda and if you drive them you'll realise I'm right!

An Audi is an Audi and a Skoda is a Skoda. Audi share far less common parts with Skoda than vw or SEAT do and VWG aim to protect the Audi brand as their "halo" product (Lambo, Bentley and Bugatti excepted). That said the new A3 does share the mqb platform with various other vwg models which is no bad thing because it makes for a great car! If you want to know your Audi is pure you need to be A6 or higher! ;-)

Pyro Tim":394u34h2 said:
with Skoda maybe, not got one of them, but the Seats are the same parts. Wife had same age Golf, and they the bits inside were the same, engines looked the same. The seats were not the same, but the same as my mates S3. Granted not made by Krauts, but not that bad. They also cost as much as an Audi new, just the 2nd hand market they are a fair bit cheaper
Seat Exeo, their most prestigious model, a lightly restyled version of a long deceased generation of Audi A4.

VW Group parts, most assuredly. The most cutting edge and up to date of those parts, not as often as they would like you to think.

Apart from which, why would you give business to a firm that used 15,000 Jewish slaves as forced labour?

That is an engine that's been well used and due to the volume made there have been some common issues, but in the last few years they've been sorted. The 2.0 TDI of 10 years ago is a different beast to the current version. No car is perfect, but in my experience vwg products are pretty solid compared with other manufacturers.

Ah, BMW who supplied aero engines to the NAZIs. A lot of modern bimmers aren't even made by BMW, but by contractors such as Steyr etc in various eastern European countries, so the lineage of many bimmers, especially the smaller one's, is quite suspect.

BarneyRubble":1xmqeiit said:
Chopper, the SEAT Exeo was discontinued in early 2012. The other comments don't really warrant reply.
You may think it beneath you, but being Jewish it quite close to the heart of many of us, and seems to have been forgotten only for the sake of consumer convenience. Almost as bad as what they did, they then lied about it for 5 decades, only finally conceding the truth and paying compensation in the mid nineties. Why on Earth would anyone want to put business to a firm with morals like that?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/may/06/iantraynor

I'm glad you think it doesn't warrant a reply, just so you can have a nice car and enjoy it in ignorance of the companies behaviour.

It's not beneath me to discuss it but turning a thread about which car to buy for £6k into a debate about various firm's involvement in the war is unfair on the original poster. If you want to debate the moral dilemmas faced by the modern consumer, start another thread. This has nothing to do with history or religion and it's not a personal attack, it's just inappropriate.

Back