Midweek Moontains

Sorry Gazz, just you then. No way I could be there at 5.30. My work ends at this time. It's busy week, can't leave early. Looks like it'll be cracking day, enjoy.

Getting ready to leave and I have got a hair brained plan to link up with the calder river path once up at the summit, will mean a mile and a half yomp over the moor but what's the worst that can happen..... :LOL:

http://app.strava.com/activities/71223452

started off a nice warm night albeit the cloud was rolling in and I soon remembered why I hate the misty law run- as straight from get go you hit a beast of a road climb- breathing out of my arse big time. However once up on the landy tracks it was nice but not dry just not as wet as it has been :LOL:

Feet were soaked pretty quickly but was a really nice run up even when the drizzle kicked in. Thought about the yomp over to the trail at calder water but it was to much of a drop in height to be pushing thru the heather. Went back the way we went last time rado was there, and low and behold I got lost at the same bit as last time, so given it was light this time and I blamed it on poor light last time, I will have to admit that my tracking skills are no as good as they used to be BITD when I was in the sea cadets.

Great run down and would have explored more but the weather was a bit wet by this time so put a sprint on and won the car park dash (again) so all in all a good night out :D

Been pissing down heavily in Renfrew since half 5. I was wondering if you would bother. I wouldn't have. Well done. And winning the carpark dash is a wee bonus

as Billy Connolly said once, there is no such thing as bad weather just the wrong clothes....and I did indeed have the wrong clothes on :LOL: :LOL:

Car park dash was indeed a bonus I was also last to ;)

As Kenny Dalglish once said "Mibbees Aye Mibbees Naw"" ... or was it Jonathon Watson.

I take my boy to karate so wont be able to meet anywhere until half 6.

is a tuesday night any better?- just that I did notice that the light is starting to go earlier esp if it is cloudy so an early start is better non?

Back