Mountain Biking Footwear.

Make: Northwave
Model: Celsius GTX
Price: £125.95 (I got these for £99.99)
Score: 4/5 (would have been 5 but they take so long to dry)
Of course you can't help water and mud going over the top)

image_zps65d8f29a.jpg

These rare my recently departed Northwave Compacts MTB racing shoes. Purchased in 1998, mail order (!), costing a whopping £60 in the sale. They were perfect and served me superbly until my cobbler was unable to stitch the Velcro for the third time. Properly stiff and wonderfully comfortable. I'm a size 12 and these were a 46 and for Italian shoes they had no right to fit but they were like slippers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 714
Forgot to say that the leather was inverted, so one was black with yellow trim and the other was yellow with black trim. Coolest shoes on the trail!!! Hahaha.

Excellent feedback so far ladies and gents, keep it up, please.

Note that this is not a 'Retro Only' post, apologies on my part as I should have pointed it out in my initial thread starter.

This is for ALL era boots and shoes, old and new.

Again, keep the feedback coming.

cornholio's RC200":1qa72ecq said:
Make: Northwave
Model: Celsius GTX
Price: £125.95 (I got these for £99.99)
Score: 4/5 (would have been 5 but they take so long to dry)
Of course you can't help water and mud going over the top)

image_zps65d8f29a.jpg

I like the look and report on these. Good warm and waterproof winter boots are hard to find and I'm not personally happy spending more than £100 on a pair of boots that may turn out to be a bit rubbish when out in the field.

Just got a pair of these a few months ago...

shimano-mt91-gore-tex-spd-mtb-boots_zpscdcc2690.jpg

Shimano MT91's.

I LOVE these. They were pretty dear at around £130 but as far as I can tell, these are the only truly walkable cleated Goretex hiking boots around. Essential for me as there is often a fair bit of walking/carrying the bike involved when I go out so I don't have to worry about wet feet or cleats crunching against rocks too much anymore. Much more ankle support/protection than my old shoes too. If they ever wear out I'll be getting the exact same boots to replace them!

nausea":34lz2hr0 said:
Just got a pair of these a few months ago...

shimano-mt91-gore-tex-spd-mtb-boots_zpscdcc2690.jpg

Shimano MT91's.

I LOVE these. They were pretty dear at around £130 but as far as I can tell, these are the only truly walkable cleated Goretex hiking boots around. Essential for me as there is often a fair bit of walking/carrying the bike involved when I go out so I don't have to worry about wet feet or cleats crunching against rocks too much anymore. Much more ankle support/protection than my old shoes too. If they ever wear out I'll be getting the exact same boots to replace them!

These look absolutely perfect. I'd love to hear more from you about their performance on the bike itself. Are they warm, comfy and wateproof etc

I have a two season shoe myself which is 'Ok' but something like this has to be worth the £130 asking price if it provides warmth and some degree of waterproofing through winter.

I wear a Salomon soft walking boot with a high mid level ankle when riding my Retro Touring Bike. I ride with flat open pedals on the tourer so they work perfectly. They look very similar to the Shimano boot.

Tell us more when you know more.

Thanks

Back