National Fish Supper Prices!

That's the one! :D

#2 was from Boston and it was the first place she took me even before meeting friends and family, then a quick waltz up The Stump to work it off :LOL:

Droitwich specials fish (in batter) salmon and chilps £5.00 today .......quite often do red snapper etc etc......do good white bait to

I couldn't possibly comment as I only ever eat muesli and fruit - as if!!

Whelan's - Lytham St Annes - winners of numerous awards over the years - £4.80 for haddock and chips and real quality.

Also, Poseidon (formerly John Dory) in Bamber Bridge near Preston - £4.50 for fish and chips and fish cooked as you wait - always superb in my experience.

But, slight change of topic - anyone tried beer can chicken on the BBQ this year? Done it a couple of times and to my surprise it's worked both times!

£ 10.80 for two small cod with chips (small being hte description of the fish shop but I would say they were medium/large in size)

8.90 for 2 small haddock 1 x large chips and mushy peas in Wings Fish Bar Caversham - Reading - damn tasty. Lush crispy batter - quite thick but heavenly once it had a brief sweat in Salt and Vinegar fumes on the walk/ride home.

3 times as far as my local (Stir Fry Caversham) one at the end of my road which is the worst kind of Chinese/Chip Shop hybrid - ie lousy at both.

When me and the missus moved in we did our tradition of Fish and Chips and Champers on the bare floorboards and binned the fished and chips.

£6.50 here in Innerleithen for a fish supper

I thought that was Edinburgh prices but seems common

Cheapest I've had is blackbrook supper bar in St Helen's, £3.20 for not the best fish ever but I go a bit mental cos its soooo cheap!!

They do say you get what you pay for.
chip-shop.jpg

brighton is awash with fish and chips.
i never personally go out of my way to get 'sea front' fish and chips as these are usually below par.

best i've had around brighton:

Bankers on Western Road: around £6.50 for 1 x chips 1 x cod - better than average.
Bardsleys - just off London road (best for batter) - £7.50/£10 for 1 x cod and chips depending on size of fish.
Jennys (literally opposite my flat) £5.50 for 1 cod and chips - quality varies, but never dissatisfied. also do good savs!
Ropetackle fish and chips in Shoreham - £5.00 for regular chips and regular cod (cod was decent size too) left me full. decent batter and fish.
the Wave cafe - brighotn seafront (areches). probably the best along the seafront.

Harry Ramsden is utter bollox.

i've never paid more than £8 for fish and chips in brighton.

Back