2012 Kona King Kahuna 29er

Thats what I thought! I am unsure of Sram groupsets though...what would be the equivilant in the Shimano range? Also what about the other parts...forks? wheels? Any good?

X7 is SLX equivalent, so pretty good. X9 would be XT. Easton wheels Gould be nice, not cheap on their own. What were the forks, Reba's? Again good quality xc forks. Basically more simple SID's. Doubt you'd get anything similar for the same money, especially with a carbon frame.

EarlofBarnet":14hmnxrh said:
X7 is SLX equivalent, so pretty good. X9 would be XT. Easton wheels Gould be nice, not cheap on their own. What were the forks, Reba's? Again good quality xc forks. Basically more simple SID's. Doubt you'd get anything similar for the same money, especially with a carbon frame.

Thanks for that so I'm guessing sram X0 is like XTR?

That's it yup. They do XX now too I think, which is the uber nice stuff.

I was thinking if tere was anything comparable. Giant do carbon XTC's for £1350 upwards, but I'm not sure if they do a 29er version. I don't think the spec will be quite as good either (although you may be able to get a deal on a 2013 one soon with the 2014 stuff trickling out).

EarlofBarnet":3vqpx2pe said:
That's it yup. They do XX now too I think, which is the uber nice stuff.

I was thinking if tere was anything comparable. Giant do carbon XTC's for £1350 upwards, but I'm not sure if they do a 29er version. I don't think the spec will be quite as good either (although you may be able to get a deal on a 2013 one soon with the 2014 stuff trickling out).

Yeah it does seem a really good deal the more I look around to try and find something similar spec in another brand....which whilst I think it could be worth a go, also makes me wonder what is wrong with it that it is so heavily discounted!

Back