barracuda cruiser "ebay cheap frame"

here a build list of parts

frame......cheap alloy off ebay all the lugs,brake mounts and gear hanger ground off
wheels.......halo combat rims sprayed silver
brakes.......1980s sturmey archer 70mm drum brakes polished
250mm stainless spokes
my first set of wheels ive ever built from parts including final truing(usually get lbs to do it)
saddle....raliegh grifter mk2
handlebars....renthal high road bars alloy with renthal bear ends polished
grips...triumph motorcycle
stem...gt piston polished and painted
forks...rst triple clamp elastomer/spring with brake mounts removed
tyres....defender 2.35 chosen because of the similer tread pattern on the tz
crank....bmx profile style with profile chainwheel and gt pedals

krklunker023.jpg

krklunker014.jpg

krklunker022.jpg

krklunker020.jpg

krklunker021.jpg

krklunker019.jpg

krklunker017.jpg

krklunker013.jpg

krklunker012.jpg

Just got one of these frames off ebay.

I've always wanted to do a build from scratch and I'm loving the style of the 'cudas in this here thread.

Being a bit of a noob, however, I don't really wish to start throwing money away, so I'm gonna be cheeky and just ask.

What threading is the bottom bracket?
Did you (folks that have done builds) dress the welds on the frame, ie did you remove the (in my case) aweful weld ridges?

yep standard bb
because mine was going to have drum brakes I removed all the brake and cable lugs but left the welds as they are
good luck with your build

Aye, the lugs and extra shizzle is going the journey.

I'm going with a semi-fixie look so no cables, with a sturmey archer kick back 2 speed hub and back pedal (coaster) brake.

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated :)

epicyclo":3l3y5gwk said:
Thread resurrection :)

My one

I bought it as a frame.

What year were these made?

That is stunning mate. :cool:

I'm going to have to build another one I think.

al.

al":4ivq3h4r said:
epicyclo":4ivq3h4r said:
Thread resurrection :)

My one

I bought it as a frame.

What year were these made?

That is stunning mate. :cool:

I'm going to have to build another one I think.

al.

Agreed stunning, but if I may be so bold it looks like comfort is seriously sacrificed for the look. I think my lower discs and wrists would pop after half a mile and my neck would crack from looking up. But really nice looking.

Re:

Resurrecting this thread with a new build. I took my Barracuda Tia 20" and used components from a donor Pro-Flex from ebay, which in its day was £1800 ( I got for £112) I removed the paint from the Girvin forks, I put them back on the 'wrong way' and they work and look better, I love the brake sitting behind the forks as it stops the line of the forks being interrupted from the front. The rear brake was a cheap £7 buy reduced from £45, but it has terrible stopping power but I wanted to use the built in brake bridge so it had to be cantis for the rear. A NOS gel Vetta seat, NOS Johar grips, a Jekyll stem from ebay, a nice set of bars I had laying around and a suspension seat post that I also had saved, the result it a great Tow path cruiser with great components, gets a good bit of attention. It's also pretty light. Well chuffed.

Back