the unofficially cool MTB drop bar thread

My son was near while making the pics :)

Actually the 550 was the cheaper of the proflex "full sussers", not a very posh bike, but I like it.

The History Man":ut4dxr5m said:
So what would I need for this? Could I put drops and thumbies on it and keep the brakes? Please explain.....
file.php

No, that's a dog. No further explanation is needed.

We've been out just for you Tad! Spot the difference?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 686
Nice to see you've left the dog in unmolested, factory fresh condition, it would have looked daft with drops and cantis on it.

As I said, waiting for Bridges from racer x. Then proper straddle cables will go on. I wondered if anybody would make the obvious comment :LOL:

Just splurged on a GT arrette form the 90's- 700c hybrid with a good high stem and decent claerance that I think will make a nice dropped bar almost 29er...
$(KGrHqFHJBUFBS,7ibH(BRveN21CF!~~60_58.JPG

More updates soon! Anyone with a nice splayed drop bar, or some old drop-bar brake levers please drop me a line

Hello folks,
Here’s the latest incarnation of my rough stuff tourer based around a 1996 Univega Alpina 506 frameset (NOS in 1999) that has amassed 107,000 miles since the original build.
Inspiration for this and similar working bikes came from seeing Muddy Fox’s (drop bar) trailblazer in the now long defunct “Bicycle” magazine (1987)

Back