My oldest bike... A Centurion from australia.

mrgumby

rBotM Winner
So, ive come down to dorset with my son to stay with my parents for a few days and i dug this out the garage..

It's a centurion with tange infinty tubing and dia compe brakes, sugino cranks, shimano derailleurs and 27" shiimano wheels with awesome araya aero rims.

I bought it second hand in 1999 from a bike shop in all saints road in west london w11.. It cost me £65 and was my daily ride to and from university in aldwych. I would try and cycle home every evening from trafalgar square to portobello road without holding onto the handlebars, i got to lancaster gate once..

It was retired in 2002 when i left uni and ended up in a shed in dorset with no wheels. About three years ago i found it and put the araya wheelset on it, new gum hoods and bar tape and put it back in the shed..

And then i pulled it out yesterday and it brought back a lot of memories!

Here are some photos..

faa627d810ab01fb7b4c473bf668e560_zps32014bc8.jpg

c03f15561d2639a9e8895e1556946be7_zps6647aa12.jpg

ooh yeah ! any chance a snap of the seat tube badge ,infact all the other badges .
these stories are great..kind of a forgotten about becomes a barn find .

WOW! how cool.
I used to live just around the corner from Woolys wheels many years ago.

Jamie

yeah great ! good to see diff sticker's . that must be tange prestige tubing witch prob isnt around anymore!
retrobike is cool ! bikes i have never heard of pop up every week. in that condition its got to be uncommon , retro paint would be easy to touch in too.

I think it was an american brand from the 80's, but made in japan. The same bike in the uk wouldve had reynolds tubes and weinmann brakes i reckon.

The saddle and pedals have been replaced as have the wheels.

I went for shimano hubs with araya aero rims cos i felt it went with the rest of the components. The wheels are almost my favorite bit actually.

Time for it to go back in the shed i think......

Back