Dekerf Implant Ti (Vosgez Update)

Re: Dekerf Implant Ti

Interesting one Nick. To be honoust, I am still thinking about a framebag. I wonder what the benefits are of a framebag combined with a small backpack over a 35l backpack.

carter711":1dz4s5ad said:
Wow, stunning! What is the chain cage device you have on the first build? Looks minimalist?

Thanks but the first one you see isn't actually mine. That one is from Gil so I have no clue which device he used.

MynameisCasper":1vq1ut98 said:
Interesting one Nick. To be honoust, I am still thinking about a framebag. I wonder what the benefits are of a framebag combined with a small backpack over a 35l backpack.

I would strongly recommend a frame bag & a small hydration pack on your back. I do a lot of 'Bikepacking' & I always let the bike do the most work by carrying the weight of the equipment. If you want I can send you pictures of my setup.

I'm currently planning for a trip across Belgium & Holland in September or next year depending on funds & will try to incorporate a frame bag in to my new frame. I plan to make my own frame bag though.

Thanks for the comment Bike Man. Is it less tireing (less tired if that's the correct english word) by letting the bike doing the carying?

What route are planning? Maybe I can help you with something?

...just for the record, chain keeper on my Ti Implant is a Paul Comp Keeper, they work great and are really simple

Casper, when are you doing the C2C, you will go pretty much right past me depending on which route you use, let me know when your coming though and I will try and meet up :)

MynameisCasper":1hqn6b75 said:
Thanks for the comment Bike Man. Is it less tireing (less tired if that's the correct english word) by letting the bike doing the carying?

What route are planning? Maybe I can help you with something?

Your back will thank you for it! Check out the youtube videos about making your own frame bag, you will save a smal fortune. However I have used the Wildcat Mountain Lion for the front, a great bit of kit in my opinion, Revelate do a similiar system.

For my trip I was planning London-Dover-Calais-Brussels-Antwerp-Tilburg-Rotterdam-The Hague-Amsterdam & then see how I can get home. Still planning though, what did you have in mind?

gil_m":18eccsbo said:
...just for the record, chain keeper on my Ti Implant is a Paul Comp Keeper, they work great and are really simple

Casper, when are you doing the C2C, you will go pretty much right past me depending on which route you use, let me know when your coming though and I will try and meet up :)

Cool! Will send you a pm in a minute.

Thanks for the comment Bike Man. I will have a second look at the framebags. I have to go and see the chiropractor every now and then for my back so it makes sense to use a framebag.

Back