Lads Mags In Black Bags!

Is putting overtly sexual content magazine covers in plain liners a move forward?

• Yes

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Remove them completely from the shelves if they are offensive.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Couldn't care less!

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
technodup":1ld9kd1o said:
For me (and I imagine most although most on here wouldn't admit it) the would I/wouldn't I question comes before any other consideration. And that has nothing whatsoever to do with intelligence or lack of.

Perhaps you should start a thread with a poll rather than leaning on your instinct.

I would imagine most on here are in relationships, and have a more rounded approach to the opposite sex.

Plenty of my friends are 'munters', male and female.

Most of them are content to seek out the happy things in life, regardless of the superficial approval of strangers.

What was the first thing that attracted you to your partner?

Being as most know nothing of someones personality prior to enquiring.
Physical attraction is the beginning of most relationships.

technodup":njcd9p1n said:
Neil":njcd9p1n said:
technodup":njcd9p1n said:
As far as men are concerned women are sex objects. It's what we're here to do. Likewise in reverse, although with a lot fewer indignant bores going on TV.

Kudos just going with instinct, there...

Many of us do have those big old brains, though, with that whole frontal lobe thing going on, so occasionally - just occasionally - on the 3rd Sunday of a month, we can behave with just a smidgen of intelligence, and in those rare moments, manage to be that bit more than pure instinct.
For me (and I imagine most although most on here wouldn't admit it) the would I/wouldn't I question comes before any other consideration. And that has nothing whatsoever to do with intelligence or lack of.

I can find out if she likes animals or hates the rain sometime later. Because if she's a munter I couldn't care less.

I don't doubt that, but you miss my point.

The point I was making - although always with the too subtle thing, it's my curse... - is that I doubt your entire interaction with women, is simply based on a go / no-go decision. Surely there are at least some scenarios, where you have no choice but to interact with women that you wouldn't ideally like to do? Not that I want to put words in your mouth, but surely you must have some female relatives, where, um, being biblical isn't an option, to say nothing of any other platonic, perhaps tedious, dealings you must have with other women that you don't wanna meet the beast with two backs with?

Although, I am having this flashback imagery, picturing you as Gareth Cheeseman, foot up on a hotel bed, chatting loudly to somebody on a mobile phone, swearing, talking about your Ford Probe that you can just glimpse through the window, and suggesting going out, getting bevvied and playing pool, and when the conversation draws to a close, we find you're talking to your mum...

Khane> Whether I agree with you or not, it is not my point.

My point was most on here are a little older and many are in relationships.

Things change. Dynamics alter. I am sure Techno is on the hunt for... far more than most on here, so maybe he views things from that perspective. But miss out on the 'munters' at your peril, you need more than effable ladies in your future.

I first met my wife when she was far too young for me to notice, so I would definitely say it was her personality that brought us together years later.

Khane":2tu7zulq said:
What was the first thing that attracted you to your partner?

Being as most know nothing of someones personality prior to enquiring.
Physical attraction is the beginning of most relationships.

No doubt.

But our entire interaction with the opposite sex - or the same sex, if that puts acid in your battery - isn't purely limited to those you'll either want, or be able to have a (presumably) sexual relationship with.

Khane":1lk150ye said:
I thought we were talking about the sexual images on the covers of magazines?

Oh, so buying the magazine is a precursor to stalking and a restraining order?

Yes we are discussing Lads' Mags, and the negative aspects assigned to their influence. It is a diverse topic.

Interestingly I was interviewed on radio when Loaded was first released, as a gay man they wanted my opinion on it and I gave a thumb through review.

Back