SBDU Back from painters

Rustyretro

Devout Dirtbag
Just got my Raleigh SBDU back from C&G finishes ready to build up. It's a 1978 frame which has had some braze ons added somewhere around the late 80s. As it's been modified, I've decided to build it up as I want it, rather than how it was originally. On that basis I've gone for a dark metallic blue and chosen some Raleigh decals I like from an earlier date and I'll be digging some bits out of the cellar to finish her off. Not going to be one for the purists, but should still end up a nice bike.

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 766
Great to see a restored Raleigh (SBDU) frameset in a livery other than a team (yawn) one - you could have ordered something like this when the frame was built.

Well done.

Roadking.

P.S late edit=typo

Very classy colour. Gonna look great with silver groupset, brown saddle/tape and gum sidewall tyres.

Michael_17ff93_218203.gif

Looks lovely. Agree that its nice to see one painted in the colour you want rather than a race livery. Not that theres anything wrong with a race livery, just its nice to see one thats a more personal choice. And a very nice personal choice it is ;)
Keep em coming.
Jamie

Back