name the stem - game.....early GT? Selfmade? BMX?

Ladis

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

while clearing my baseroom I found this stem which has lots of signs of a GT BMX stem from the later 80ies. The differences I can see, are: the top-cap is not stamped with the GT-logo and it has this hole for the front brake cable...sooo, can anyone name this stem? Is it a GT-BMX-stem with a self-made hole? Or is it a early, non-stamped, GT-MTB-stem?....Thanks in advance for any help...!!

Looks like a GT bmx stem but it's not stamped and really long for bmx application. The hole, presumably drilled for a front cantilever set up would also not have a bmx purpose, even in freestyle. If I would venture a guess I'd say it might be for an early gt trials bike. The steel ones they built before the aluminum zaskar looking ones. BUT that's just a guess.

:oops: edit, I googled the old GT trials bikes (ricochet) and their stem was hooked to the fork differently... Soooo, bad guess

My first thought was DK to but I've never seen one with the drill out holes behind the wedge bolt. I've had a bunch of DKs in my day as well and the top cap definately looks DK. Maybe it's just a mix

Back