Mountain Biking Footwear.

Specialized Sonoma lace ups. Wanted something that looked anonymous for my office walkabouts post commute. Nice little elastic lace retainer attached to the tongue to stop wayward laces without a big velcro strap. Got them lightly used on Ebay. Nice grippy sole with no click-clack when walkking with cleats on. Fairly splash proof and still reasonably breathable - used all winter on road commute. Unlike the pic mine are all black. Sizing standard trainer sizing. 8's are a fraction too loose for my 42 feet - as per every other shoe/trainer out there.

Second the comments about M110 apart from being a bit slippy - only threw mine away last week after a sole re-aralditing accident. :oops:

Attachments

• Specialized Sonoma.jpg
    Specialized Sonoma.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 473
I have boots and shoes, these are my shoes

Shimano Mo87
Pretty bog standard shoes, a size larger than i take in street shoes, you can pick them up for about 65 pounds, they seem quite narrow although you can get a wide fitting model. Not particularly comfortable and definitely not waterproof.

And these are my boots

Specialized BG Trail 110 boots, a size larger again, the run about 85 pounds. I really love these boots and Specialized in general, very comfortable. The material seems to be much softer than on my shoes, there is a supportive heel cup and toe piece and the back is cut low to give full range of movement and four velcro straps enable you to get them perfectly comfortable. They look like a winter boot but they are no warmer or waterproof than my shoes. Would recommend.

Anyone got any experience with the Exustar Stelvio-600 shoe, i heard someone mention they were truely walkable without the cleat clicking-away..just wondered how true it was.

sinnerman":14w7jiek said:
Lasted a couple of decades, still going strong.
Nike Pooh bahs. May not apply if you cant find a nice Nos set of the bay though, id imagaine someone elses second hand smellies might not be too appealing.

Great support, great in the winter, solid sole, with little fatigue, obviously I have other shoes, but these are quite fitting when riding Retro.

:cool:

Still ride in a pair of these I bought back in '97 (I think) new old stock. Think they were RRP £85 and I got them for £60. After 15 years a definate bargain. Nearly all the tread has gone now.

I do have wide feet so they do sometimes feel slightly tight.

And they are blue and purple!!!!!

I am sorry, but none of the above shoes are gay enough ...

What you really need is some of these :

DSC04615.jpg

:LOL:

WD :D

Make.
New Balance
Model.
TBEN [Now discontinued]
Price.
Can't remember, I thought I got them from Sportshoes Unlimited in Bradistan [Since closed] but they were probably from t'internet as I remember been a bit shocked at how bright they were when I took them out of the box and thinking it was too late to do anything about it, who knew that suede could be dayglo?

3 1/2 stars, as they take ages to dry out. Longer spikes grip the inside of open cage pedals really well so your feet don't shake free but without needing to go down the SPD or toeclip route and get your knees hammered. Soles don't grip very well on wet limestone but then nothing does!

Attachments

• New Balance TBEN.JPG
    New Balance TBEN.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 201
Make.
Walsh
Model.
PB Ultra Extreme
Price.
Was £72.50, I got them for £60 as my local sport shop- according to legend once owned by Fred Truman- is closing down.

Stars? Who knows, I haven't used them yet, I'm saving them for when my New Balance wear out but they are handmade in Bolton 30 miles away, rather than a Bangledeshi hell-hole, so they have sustainability brownie points.

Attachments

• Walsh.JPG
    Walsh.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 197
Back