Alpinestars Al-mega AKA the bed frame.

Well, fitted the mech juts using the BB mount to see how I go. I don't seem to be able to shift into the outer ring, I think this is due to the shifters that I'm using. Clearance from the tyre it not great but OK, if I just run 2 rings I can get about 3-4mm more??????

IMAG0233 by Brian Marshall1, on Flickr

IMAG0234 by Brian Marshall1, on Flickr

Hello,
I've hit a snag in my rebuild, or should I say a first snag. I cannot get my Brand new and shiny Bluebird 3/4 width bed level in the bed postion. I don't know how far up the sloping bulkhead I need to drill for the bolts, or the postiion of the front support for the bed.
Can anyone who has fitted one of these please give me rundown on how they did it. Building the Platform at the back is not a problem, but I am ready for attacking the bed with an angle grinder, mainly out of frustration.
Ross

If it now looks like the bicycle in the pictures above..don't worry! All is on track and fit for purpose.

Not sure how comfy it would be to sleep on though, pedals better removed i reckon ;)

I have covered about 30 miles on this now and I'm happy with it so treated the frame to some new decals from Gil. I know they are not technically correct but nether are the parts on the bike and I like these decals more than the later ones.

The from mech is working great but it will only shift into granny and mid rings, Im putting this down to the grips shifters Im using. It hasent moved which is the main thing.

IMAG0477 by Brian Marshall1, on Flickr

IMAG0479 by Brian Marshall1, on Flickr

It a long story but Im probably going to have to sell this bike ( I fee sick just saying it )

Good home needed for it, anyone?

Latest posts

Back