1997 853 Saracen Kili Comp

RobMac

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I believe the 1997 853 Saracen Kili Comp was sold with rigid forks BUT what length of travel would fit the frame without upsetting the geometry? Come to think of it what would be the AtC measurement be?

Cheers

Looking at the brochures the factory options were 63mm Rock Shox in 1997, then 80mm in 1998

I've had 1997 Marzocchi Z2's fitted to mine with 80mm travel. Not sure what the A to C measurement is off the top of my head but the geometry was fine.
Could perhaps stretch to a 100mm fork at a push.

drystonepaul":375v1q7f said:
I've had 1997 Marzocchi Z2's fitted to mine with 80mm travel. Not sure what the A to C measurement is off the top of my head but the geometry was fine.
Could perhaps stretch to a 100mm fork at a push.

I used 100mm SIDs quite soft on the frame Paul mentions here, also felt great

Any pics chap? Keen to see how it looks now! Loved that frame...

:)

Here you go Al.

NWA-Preston-Rivington_02.jpg

NWA-Preston-Rivington_04.jpg

NWA-Preston-Rivington_05.jpg

These were taken a while ago. It now has M567 black LX fitted just like it would have done when new.
I'm ashamed to say that it hasn't been ridden nearly as much as it ought to.
I keep procrastinating about a re-spray.

Lovely frames though.

drystonepaul":opnhzs4l said:
Here you go Al.
I keep procrastinating about a re-spray.

:shock: :shock:

Noooooo......! If you want to have it re-sprayed, just let me know & I'll find you another one you can re-paint ;) Then I'll swap it for yours :LOL:

That green has to be the best colour a bike frame has ever been made in. On the other hand, if you're bored with it..just let me know! ;)

Sorry to disagree with those earlier posters who have said 100mm is fine, but it isn't. Not on this frame. Whether there is a difference between '97 frames and later ones with the geometry I don't know, but I would say 80mm max Rob, and preferably less (like 63mm).
;)

Back